Michael Jackson's Physician Wins Medical License Ruling
Michael Jackson's former physician Conrad Murray has won a battle to keep his medical license. Murray, who stands accused of administering the anesthetic Propofol which killed Jackson, was told he could no longer use or prescribe anesthetics to California patients earlier this year and the state's Medical Board officials recently moved to suspend the doctor's license indefinitely.
Board bosses filed papers earlier June, requesting an order that Murray "cease and desist from the practice of medicine" until his criminal trial connected to Jackson's death is concluded. Murray pleaded not guilty to charges of involuntary manslaughter in February and, in court on Monday, June 14, he faced California Attorney General Jerry Brown, who urged Judge Michael Pastor to revoke the physician's license as part of his bail conditions.
During the hearing at a Los Angeles court, Murray's lawyer Ed Chernoff highlighted Murray's ability to practice medicine by recalling how his client came to a woman's aid after she passed out on a flight in May. But Murray's heroics did not help with his legal bid - Judge Pastor only allowed the doctor to keep his license on the grounds that he did not have the jurisdiction to suspend it, according to TMZ. A preliminary trial date to hear the involuntary manslaughter charges against Murray was set for August 23.
More Michael Jackson News
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?
- 'Big Brother 18': And the First Evicted Houseguest Is...
- Check Out Details of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's 'Intimate' Dinner in Nashville