Jenny McCarthy Signed by Oprah Winfrey to Develop Her Own Show
Jenny McCarthy is set to follow in the footsteps of talk show queen Oprah Winfrey after signing a deal to develop her own TV series with the media mogul. The Playboy model-turned-actress has landed a development deal with Winfrey's Harpo Productions.
Harpo executives have not elaborated on the content of McCarthy's series, but they insist it won't be in a similar format to the TV star's current U.S. chat show, "The Oprah Winfrey Show", which will go off the air next year. Executives have yet to confirm if McCarthy's series will launch on Winfrey's new TV network, the Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN).
A Harpo spokeswoman tells the New York Post, "We do not have anyone taking over for Oprah. We do have a development deal with Jenny McCarthy. We are exploring possibilities across a number of platforms."
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune
- 'Alita: Battle Angel' Casts 'Nashville' Actor in Key Role
- Daniel Radcliffe Reveals the Outrageous Advice Donald Trump Gave Him When They First Met
- Is Brad Pitt the Real Reason Selena Gomez Checks Into Rehab?
- Listen to Major Lazer and Showtek's New Collab 'Believer'
- Angelina Jolie Eyed for War Drama 'Shoot Like a Girl'
- 'Archer' Creator Plans Show's Ending After Season 10
- Hugh Hefner Makes Fun of Death Rumors: Tabloids Should've Told Me That I'm Sick