Jenny McCarthy Signed by Oprah Winfrey to Develop Her Own Show
Jenny McCarthy is set to follow in the footsteps of talk show queen Oprah Winfrey after signing a deal to develop her own TV series with the media mogul. The Playboy model-turned-actress has landed a development deal with Winfrey's Harpo Productions.
Harpo executives have not elaborated on the content of McCarthy's series, but they insist it won't be in a similar format to the TV star's current U.S. chat show, "The Oprah Winfrey Show", which will go off the air next year. Executives have yet to confirm if McCarthy's series will launch on Winfrey's new TV network, the Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN).
A Harpo spokeswoman tells the New York Post, "We do not have anyone taking over for Oprah. We do have a development deal with Jenny McCarthy. We are exploring possibilities across a number of platforms."
- Rob Kardashian Ready to Find Love on New Reality Show After Blac Chyna Split
- Khloe Kardashian Reveals Secret to Her Big and Perky Butt
- Disney Opens Up About Leia's Role, Han Solo Movie and the Future of 'Star Wars'
- Rihanna's Pals Begging Her to Stay Away From Chris Brown Amid Rumors Exes Are Reconnecting
- Elisabeth Moss Stands Up for Herself in 'Handmaid's Tale' Full Trailer
- Kendrick Lamar Goes After Donald Trump and Fellow Rapper on 'The Heart Part 4'
- New 'Alien: Covenant' Poster Features Xenomorphs Suffocating the Engineers
- Listen to David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' Feat. Nicki Minaj and Lil Wayne