Jenny McCarthy Signed by Oprah Winfrey to Develop Her Own Show
Jenny McCarthy is set to follow in the footsteps of talk show queen Oprah Winfrey after signing a deal to develop her own TV series with the media mogul. The Playboy model-turned-actress has landed a development deal with Winfrey's Harpo Productions.
Harpo executives have not elaborated on the content of McCarthy's series, but they insist it won't be in a similar format to the TV star's current U.S. chat show, "The Oprah Winfrey Show", which will go off the air next year. Executives have yet to confirm if McCarthy's series will launch on Winfrey's new TV network, the Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN).
A Harpo spokeswoman tells the New York Post, "We do not have anyone taking over for Oprah. We do have a development deal with Jenny McCarthy. We are exploring possibilities across a number of platforms."
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen