Jenny McCarthy Signed by Oprah Winfrey to Develop Her Own Show
Jenny McCarthy is set to follow in the footsteps of talk show queen Oprah Winfrey after signing a deal to develop her own TV series with the media mogul. The Playboy model-turned-actress has landed a development deal with Winfrey's Harpo Productions.
Harpo executives have not elaborated on the content of McCarthy's series, but they insist it won't be in a similar format to the TV star's current U.S. chat show, "The Oprah Winfrey Show", which will go off the air next year. Executives have yet to confirm if McCarthy's series will launch on Winfrey's new TV network, the Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN).
A Harpo spokeswoman tells the New York Post, "We do not have anyone taking over for Oprah. We do have a development deal with Jenny McCarthy. We are exploring possibilities across a number of platforms."
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences