Jenny McCarthy Signed by Oprah Winfrey to Develop Her Own Show
Jenny McCarthy is set to follow in the footsteps of talk show queen Oprah Winfrey after signing a deal to develop her own TV series with the media mogul. The Playboy model-turned-actress has landed a development deal with Winfrey's Harpo Productions.
Harpo executives have not elaborated on the content of McCarthy's series, but they insist it won't be in a similar format to the TV star's current U.S. chat show, "The Oprah Winfrey Show", which will go off the air next year. Executives have yet to confirm if McCarthy's series will launch on Winfrey's new TV network, the Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN).
A Harpo spokeswoman tells the New York Post, "We do not have anyone taking over for Oprah. We do have a development deal with Jenny McCarthy. We are exploring possibilities across a number of platforms."
- Calvin Harris Cancels More Las Vegas Shows After Car Accident
- Jake Gyllenhaal Helps Amy Schumer Spoof 'Catfish' and the Victim Becomes Obscure
- Lionsgate Is Planning to Make Seven More 'Power Rangers' Movies
- Kylie Jenner and PARTYNEXTDOOR Go Bowling Together
- Troy Ave's Arrested After Video of Him Firing Gun at T.I.'s Concert Surfaces
- Gucci Mane Records New Mixtape Just Hours After Released From Prison
- New Trailer for Cameron Crowe's 'Roadies' Promises Nudity and a Lot of Drama
- Here's What Chris Evans Says of Captain America's Hydra Plot Twist