Soccer Player Paul Gascoigne Hospitalized After Car Crash
Troubled British soccer star Paul Gascoigne has been hospitalized after he was injured in a car crash in north-east England on Sunday evening, June 13. The former England national player, who has battled alcohol addiction and was sectioned under the U.K.'s Mental Health Act in 2008, was being driven through Newcastle upon Tyne along with two other passengers when the incident happened.
The car is said to have left the road and smashed into a signpost. Gascoigne was taken to the nearby Newcastle General Hospital, along with one other man, and his condition has been described as "serious but not life-threatening" by a spokesperson for the medical facility.
An unnamed 36-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of drink-driving and bailed pending further inquiries.
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show