Soccer Player Paul Gascoigne Hospitalized After Car Crash
Troubled British soccer star Paul Gascoigne has been hospitalized after he was injured in a car crash in north-east England on Sunday evening, June 13. The former England national player, who has battled alcohol addiction and was sectioned under the U.K.'s Mental Health Act in 2008, was being driven through Newcastle upon Tyne along with two other passengers when the incident happened.
The car is said to have left the road and smashed into a signpost. Gascoigne was taken to the nearby Newcastle General Hospital, along with one other man, and his condition has been described as "serious but not life-threatening" by a spokesperson for the medical facility.
An unnamed 36-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of drink-driving and bailed pending further inquiries.
- Ja Rule Apologizes for Disastrous Fyre Festival, Insists 'It Was Not a Scam'
- 'Roseanne' Revival in the Works With Original Main Cast
- Aaron Rodgers Spotted on Date With 'Baywatch' Star Kelly Rohrbach After Olivia Munn Split
- Gwen Stefani Hospitalized Due to Ruptured Ear Drum
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob and Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner