Soccer Player Paul Gascoigne Hospitalized After Car Crash
Troubled British soccer star Paul Gascoigne has been hospitalized after he was injured in a car crash in north-east England on Sunday evening, June 13. The former England national player, who has battled alcohol addiction and was sectioned under the U.K.'s Mental Health Act in 2008, was being driven through Newcastle upon Tyne along with two other passengers when the incident happened.
The car is said to have left the road and smashed into a signpost. Gascoigne was taken to the nearby Newcastle General Hospital, along with one other man, and his condition has been described as "serious but not life-threatening" by a spokesperson for the medical facility.
An unnamed 36-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of drink-driving and bailed pending further inquiries.
- Snoop Dogg Denies Mocking His 'Nephew' Young Thug in 'Moment I Feared' Video
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race' Season 9 Finale: Does Your Favorite Win?
- Kesha's Mother Admits She Has No Firsthand Personal Knowledge of Alleged Rape by Dr. Luke
- Meet Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes' Youngest Daughter Amada
- Tyga Premieres Fun Video for 'Flossin' Featuring His Son King Cairo
- Kris Jenner Comes Under Fire for Allegedly Photoshopping Her Latest Instagram Pic
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoniex' Confirmed to Introduce Dazzler
- Jennifer Lopez Claps Back at Haters for Accusing Her of Photoshopping Her Abs