Soccer Player Paul Gascoigne Hospitalized After Car Crash
Troubled British soccer star Paul Gascoigne has been hospitalized after he was injured in a car crash in north-east England on Sunday evening, June 13. The former England national player, who has battled alcohol addiction and was sectioned under the U.K.'s Mental Health Act in 2008, was being driven through Newcastle upon Tyne along with two other passengers when the incident happened.
The car is said to have left the road and smashed into a signpost. Gascoigne was taken to the nearby Newcastle General Hospital, along with one other man, and his condition has been described as "serious but not life-threatening" by a spokesperson for the medical facility.
An unnamed 36-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of drink-driving and bailed pending further inquiries.
- Baby Groot Angrily Kills Ravager in New 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Teaser
- Shailene Woodley Pleads Guilty to Disorderly Conduct During Pipeline Protest
- Is Chris Brown's New Sex-Drenched Single 'Privacy' to Tempt Rihanna?
- Christina El Moussa Is Dating NHL Star Nate Thompson Amid Divorce From Tarek
- Hugh Grant Dances to Drake's Song in 'Love Actually' Short Film
- Cher's 'Serious Family Issue' Forces Her to Drop Out of Lifetime's Flint Water Crisis Movie
- 'Game of Thrones': Nikolaj Coster-Waldau Teases Big Jaime-Cersei-Brienne Development in Season 7
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt to Direct R-Rated Musical Comedy Co-Starring Channing Tatum