Soccer Player Paul Gascoigne Hospitalized After Car Crash
Troubled British soccer star Paul Gascoigne has been hospitalized after he was injured in a car crash in north-east England on Sunday evening, June 13. The former England national player, who has battled alcohol addiction and was sectioned under the U.K.'s Mental Health Act in 2008, was being driven through Newcastle upon Tyne along with two other passengers when the incident happened.
The car is said to have left the road and smashed into a signpost. Gascoigne was taken to the nearby Newcastle General Hospital, along with one other man, and his condition has been described as "serious but not life-threatening" by a spokesperson for the medical facility.
An unnamed 36-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of drink-driving and bailed pending further inquiries.
- AMC Renews 'Turn' for Fourth and Final Season
- Keshia Knight Pulliam's Husband Ed Hartwell Files for Divorce, Wants Paternity Test
- Jinger Duggar Is Engaged to Former Pro Soccer Player Jeremy Vuolo
- Jimmy Page Breaks Silence on Led Zeppelin's 'Stairway to Heaven' Plagiarism Trial
- James Corden's 'Carpool Karaoke' Turned Into Series on Apple
- Ariana Grande Splits From Ricky Alvarez After 1 Year of Dating
- Lionel Messi Goes Platinum Blonde and Internet Just Can't Handle It
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub