Chris Tucker Accepts Special Honor on Michael Jackson's Behalf
Actor Chris Tucker will accept an award on behalf of late superstar Michael Jackson at the Apollo Theater's annual benefit concert in New York on Monday night, June 14. The late King of Pop and Queen of Soul Aretha Franklin will be named Apollo Legends at the gala on June 14, at the venue where Jackson launched his career with the Jackson Five at the Apollo's Amateur Night in the late 1960s.
Organizers had initially planned to hand Jackson's trophy to the late star's family, but it has now been confirmed that "Rush Hour" star Tucker will take the stage in their place to accept the prize, according to New York Post gossip column PageSix. Tucker was close friends with the late "Thriller" hitmaker and even appeared in his 2001 music video for "You Rock My World".
The event, which will be hosted by Jamie Foxx, will also honor Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony for their charity work and see performances from stars including British singer Estelle.
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service