Chris Tucker Accepts Special Honor on Michael Jackson's Behalf
Actor Chris Tucker will accept an award on behalf of late superstar Michael Jackson at the Apollo Theater's annual benefit concert in New York on Monday night, June 14. The late King of Pop and Queen of Soul Aretha Franklin will be named Apollo Legends at the gala on June 14, at the venue where Jackson launched his career with the Jackson Five at the Apollo's Amateur Night in the late 1960s.
Organizers had initially planned to hand Jackson's trophy to the late star's family, but it has now been confirmed that "Rush Hour" star Tucker will take the stage in their place to accept the prize, according to New York Post gossip column PageSix. Tucker was close friends with the late "Thriller" hitmaker and even appeared in his 2001 music video for "You Rock My World".
The event, which will be hosted by Jamie Foxx, will also honor Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony for their charity work and see performances from stars including British singer Estelle.
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent