Chris Tucker Accepts Special Honor on Michael Jackson's Behalf
Actor Chris Tucker will accept an award on behalf of late superstar Michael Jackson at the Apollo Theater's annual benefit concert in New York on Monday night, June 14. The late King of Pop and Queen of Soul Aretha Franklin will be named Apollo Legends at the gala on June 14, at the venue where Jackson launched his career with the Jackson Five at the Apollo's Amateur Night in the late 1960s.
Organizers had initially planned to hand Jackson's trophy to the late star's family, but it has now been confirmed that "Rush Hour" star Tucker will take the stage in their place to accept the prize, according to New York Post gossip column PageSix. Tucker was close friends with the late "Thriller" hitmaker and even appeared in his 2001 music video for "You Rock My World".
The event, which will be hosted by Jamie Foxx, will also honor Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony for their charity work and see performances from stars including British singer Estelle.
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign