Katie Finneran Gets Engaged to Darren Goldstein
Broadway star Katie Finneran had an extra reason to celebrate after winning a Tony Award on Sunday night, June 13 - she recently became engaged to actor Darren Goldstein. Finneran, 39, was honored with the trophy for Best Performance by a Featured Actress in a Musical for her role in "Promises, Promises" and she paid tribute to her partner during her acceptance speech, revealing they are set to walk down the aisle.
Dedicating the award to her beau, she told the audience, "(He) asked me to marry him." And the actress was lucky to have Goldstein by her side to share her big moment at the ceremony in New York City - because he was due to shoot a commercial out of town.
She says, "He almost missed tonight because he had this huge commercial but I said that's fine, we both have to work, but I'm glad he's here." It was Finneran's second Tony Award win - she previously took home a prize for her stint in 2002 play "Noises Off".
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics