Joe Perry Calls Steven Tyler 'the Best Lead Singer on the Planet'
Joe Perry branded Steven Tyler "the best lead singer on the planet" during Aerosmith's headlining set at Britain's Download festival on Sunday, June 12, marking a clear end to the band's recent troubles. In November 2009, frontman Tyler stunned the music world, and his bandmates, when he announced his plans to take a two-year hiatus from the group.
Guitarist Perry immediately launched a bid to replace the singer for their 2010 commitments, and thus began a bitter war of words between to two bandmates. Tyler rejoined the group at the beginning of the 2010 following a stint in rehab for a painkiller addiction. And things seemed to be back on track when the rockers performed a string of shows in South America recently.
Now, the band has proved it's stronger than ever after performing a storming 17-song set to headline the Download festival. Kicking off with 1989 single "Love in an Elevator", Tyler sang much of the song from a walkway which jutted out into the crowd. The singer later bellowed, "Britain, did you miss us?" to massive cheers from fans.
After their final track of the rousing performance, Tyler introduced the band to the audience before Perry honored the frontman, calling him "the best lead singer on the planet". Speaking before their set at the festival, Perry said, "It's a real honor. It's our 40th year together too, so it's appropriate we are able to play this show. It's just amazing to be asked to play these classic events."
More Aerosmith News
- Louis Tomlinson Blasts Media, Asks Them to Respect Son's Privacy Amid Custody Battle
- Iggy Azalea Receives Flowers From Nick Young's Teammate D'Angelo Russell After Breakup?
- Daniel Radcliffe Plays Corpse on Red Carpet of 'Swiss Army Man' Premiere
- Matthew McConaughey Could Be Your Teacher. Actor Is Going to Teach at University of Texas
- Drake 'Never Stops' Loving Rihanna
- 'Underworld: Blood Wars' Release Date Is Pushed Back to 2017
- Amber Rose on Kanye West's 'Famous': 'I've Worked My F***ing Ass Off'
- Kris Jenner, 60, Is Reportedly Trying for Another Baby