Drake Protesting Oil Spill in Concert
Rapper Drake is to protest British Petroleum over the devastating Gulf of Mexico oil spill by staging an environmental-awareness gig in Washington, D.C. Like many Americans, the "Best I Ever Had" hitmaker is sickened by the news coverage of the slick, which has now been confirmed as the worst environmental disaster in U.S. history.
And Drake, who uses biodegradable materials on his tour bus and backstage at his concerts, has teamed up with Green the Block and The Hip-Hop Caucus to perform during the "Stop the Off Shore Drilling" rally in Washington on Sunday, June 13.
And he's hoping he will be able to encourage his devotees to follow his example - and lead a greener lifestyle. He says, "Every where you turn, pollution and poverty are hurting our communities. We can change that. Going green is the solution. I'm green on my tour, I am greenin' block and you can too. It's easier than you think."
More Drake News
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding