Drake Protesting Oil Spill in Concert
Rapper Drake is to protest British Petroleum over the devastating Gulf of Mexico oil spill by staging an environmental-awareness gig in Washington, D.C. Like many Americans, the "Best I Ever Had" hitmaker is sickened by the news coverage of the slick, which has now been confirmed as the worst environmental disaster in U.S. history.
And Drake, who uses biodegradable materials on his tour bus and backstage at his concerts, has teamed up with Green the Block and The Hip-Hop Caucus to perform during the "Stop the Off Shore Drilling" rally in Washington on Sunday, June 13.
And he's hoping he will be able to encourage his devotees to follow his example - and lead a greener lifestyle. He says, "Every where you turn, pollution and poverty are hurting our communities. We can change that. Going green is the solution. I'm green on my tour, I am greenin' block and you can too. It's easier than you think."
More Drake News
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video
- Justin Bieber Strips Down to Underwear, Holds His Crotch in Bizarre Racy Picture
- Is Nick Jonas Dating Lily Collins? Here's the Truth
- Andy Samberg Really Is a 'Weirdo' on New Freestyle From 'Popstar'
- Ben Affleck Spotted Wearing Eyeliner During Outing With Jennifer Garner and Kids
- 'Run's House' Star Angela Simmons Expecting First Child. See Her Baby Bump