Drake Protesting Oil Spill in Concert
Rapper Drake is to protest British Petroleum over the devastating Gulf of Mexico oil spill by staging an environmental-awareness gig in Washington, D.C. Like many Americans, the "Best I Ever Had" hitmaker is sickened by the news coverage of the slick, which has now been confirmed as the worst environmental disaster in U.S. history.
And Drake, who uses biodegradable materials on his tour bus and backstage at his concerts, has teamed up with Green the Block and The Hip-Hop Caucus to perform during the "Stop the Off Shore Drilling" rally in Washington on Sunday, June 13.
And he's hoping he will be able to encourage his devotees to follow his example - and lead a greener lifestyle. He says, "Every where you turn, pollution and poverty are hurting our communities. We can change that. Going green is the solution. I'm green on my tour, I am greenin' block and you can too. It's easier than you think."
More Drake News
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'