Drake Protesting Oil Spill in Concert
Rapper Drake is to protest British Petroleum over the devastating Gulf of Mexico oil spill by staging an environmental-awareness gig in Washington, D.C. Like many Americans, the "Best I Ever Had" hitmaker is sickened by the news coverage of the slick, which has now been confirmed as the worst environmental disaster in U.S. history.
And Drake, who uses biodegradable materials on his tour bus and backstage at his concerts, has teamed up with Green the Block and The Hip-Hop Caucus to perform during the "Stop the Off Shore Drilling" rally in Washington on Sunday, June 13.
And he's hoping he will be able to encourage his devotees to follow his example - and lead a greener lifestyle. He says, "Every where you turn, pollution and poverty are hurting our communities. We can change that. Going green is the solution. I'm green on my tour, I am greenin' block and you can too. It's easier than you think."
More Drake News
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off