Brian McKnight Told to Pay 14 Years of Child Support
Soul star Brian McKnight has been told to hand over more than $340,000 to a woman who has won a ruling naming the singer the father of her teenage son. Miriam Lee filed paternity and child support documents against the "Back at One" singer in Orange County, Florida last year, claiming her 14-year-old son was the product of a brief fling she had with McKnight.
McKnight never filed documents addressing her claim, so the judge has ruled him the father, according to TMZ.com. The singer has now been told he owes 14 years of child support - a staggering $11,388 a month.
But McKnight isn't done with fighting the paternity claim; a rep for the star says, "The judgment in Florida was a default judgment made without Brian present. He's still looking to establish paternity, and is awaiting the results of a recent test."
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?