Brian McKnight Told to Pay 14 Years of Child Support
Soul star Brian McKnight has been told to hand over more than $340,000 to a woman who has won a ruling naming the singer the father of her teenage son. Miriam Lee filed paternity and child support documents against the "Back at One" singer in Orange County, Florida last year, claiming her 14-year-old son was the product of a brief fling she had with McKnight.
McKnight never filed documents addressing her claim, so the judge has ruled him the father, according to TMZ.com. The singer has now been told he owes 14 years of child support - a staggering $11,388 a month.
But McKnight isn't done with fighting the paternity claim; a rep for the star says, "The judgment in Florida was a default judgment made without Brian present. He's still looking to establish paternity, and is awaiting the results of a recent test."
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal