Brian McKnight Told to Pay 14 Years of Child Support
Soul star Brian McKnight has been told to hand over more than $340,000 to a woman who has won a ruling naming the singer the father of her teenage son. Miriam Lee filed paternity and child support documents against the "Back at One" singer in Orange County, Florida last year, claiming her 14-year-old son was the product of a brief fling she had with McKnight.
McKnight never filed documents addressing her claim, so the judge has ruled him the father, according to TMZ.com. The singer has now been told he owes 14 years of child support - a staggering $11,388 a month.
But McKnight isn't done with fighting the paternity claim; a rep for the star says, "The judgment in Florida was a default judgment made without Brian present. He's still looking to establish paternity, and is awaiting the results of a recent test."
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie