Brian McKnight Told to Pay 14 Years of Child Support
Soul star Brian McKnight has been told to hand over more than $340,000 to a woman who has won a ruling naming the singer the father of her teenage son. Miriam Lee filed paternity and child support documents against the "Back at One" singer in Orange County, Florida last year, claiming her 14-year-old son was the product of a brief fling she had with McKnight.
McKnight never filed documents addressing her claim, so the judge has ruled him the father, according to TMZ.com. The singer has now been told he owes 14 years of child support - a staggering $11,388 a month.
But McKnight isn't done with fighting the paternity claim; a rep for the star says, "The judgment in Florida was a default judgment made without Brian present. He's still looking to establish paternity, and is awaiting the results of a recent test."
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle