Brian McKnight Told to Pay 14 Years of Child Support
Soul star Brian McKnight has been told to hand over more than $340,000 to a woman who has won a ruling naming the singer the father of her teenage son. Miriam Lee filed paternity and child support documents against the "Back at One" singer in Orange County, Florida last year, claiming her 14-year-old son was the product of a brief fling she had with McKnight.
McKnight never filed documents addressing her claim, so the judge has ruled him the father, according to TMZ.com. The singer has now been told he owes 14 years of child support - a staggering $11,388 a month.
But McKnight isn't done with fighting the paternity claim; a rep for the star says, "The judgment in Florida was a default judgment made without Brian present. He's still looking to establish paternity, and is awaiting the results of a recent test."
- Taylor Kinney Already Moves on After Lady GaGa Split. Who's His New Girlfriend?
- What Breakup? Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx Are 'Still Together' Despite Split Rumors
- We'll Miss You, Toby! 'Pretty Little Liars' Star and Creator Say Goodbye to Keegan Allen
- Ciara Is Pregnant With Russell Wilson's Baby. See the Sweet Announcement
- Perrie Edwards Splits From Luke Pasqualino After Two Months of Dating
- Shawn Levy to Direct Sony's 'Uncharted' Movie
- Gigi Hadid's Family Wants Her to Dump Zayn Malik Because of This
- Is Destiny's Child Reunion Happening? Here's What Kelly Rowland Says