Joe Jackson Denies Debbie Rowe Not Allowed to Visit Michael's Children
Michael Jackson's father has dismissed reports the Jackson family has been preventing the singer's ex-wife Debbie Rowe from visiting her children, insisting they have a good relationship with her. Rowe, who is the biological mother of Jackson's eldest kids Prince Michael, 12, and Paris, 11, visited the Jackson family home to spend some time with her children earlier this year, and now patriarch Joe Jackson has fired back at critics, who have suggested Rowe has been kept away from the pre-teens.
He tells Britain's News of the World, "Debbie came over with some presents and talked with the kids. They knew that she was their mother, but didn't make a big fuss. It was all done in about 10 minutes, but it was a good meeting." He adds, "Whatever has been said, nobody has stopped Debbie from seeing the children. Katherine and she have a good relationship."
And the Jackson patriarch insists the children, as well as younger brother Prince Michael II, seven, are coping well almost a year on from their dad's death. He adds, "They adored their daddy, but they have recovered well. The first few months were hard, but now they are enjoying their life in Encino."
And Jackson is proud of his late son's efforts as a dad - because the two Prince Michaels and Paris are super smart: "Michael made sure they had a strict upbringing, and made sure they studied hard and were only allowed to watch TV at weekends. He was a great, but strict father. Now those kids are the smartest and Michael's trained them to be aware of the world and its perils."
More Michael Jackson News
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off