Joe Jackson Denies Debbie Rowe Not Allowed to Visit Michael's Children
Michael Jackson's father has dismissed reports the Jackson family has been preventing the singer's ex-wife Debbie Rowe from visiting her children, insisting they have a good relationship with her. Rowe, who is the biological mother of Jackson's eldest kids Prince Michael, 12, and Paris, 11, visited the Jackson family home to spend some time with her children earlier this year, and now patriarch Joe Jackson has fired back at critics, who have suggested Rowe has been kept away from the pre-teens.
He tells Britain's News of the World, "Debbie came over with some presents and talked with the kids. They knew that she was their mother, but didn't make a big fuss. It was all done in about 10 minutes, but it was a good meeting." He adds, "Whatever has been said, nobody has stopped Debbie from seeing the children. Katherine and she have a good relationship."
And the Jackson patriarch insists the children, as well as younger brother Prince Michael II, seven, are coping well almost a year on from their dad's death. He adds, "They adored their daddy, but they have recovered well. The first few months were hard, but now they are enjoying their life in Encino."
And Jackson is proud of his late son's efforts as a dad - because the two Prince Michaels and Paris are super smart: "Michael made sure they had a strict upbringing, and made sure they studied hard and were only allowed to watch TV at weekends. He was a great, but strict father. Now those kids are the smartest and Michael's trained them to be aware of the world and its perils."
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'