Harry Connick Jr. Allowed Underage Daughter to Drive Truck
Singer/actor Harry Connick Jr. has landed himself in trouble with his wife after confessing he once accidentally allowed his underage daughter to drive his truck. The star reveals he was catching up on his sleep at home one day when his then-14-year-old daughter Georgia approached him about moving the vehicle so it no longer blocked the driveway.
Connick, Jr. admits he was so tired he absentmindedly gave her permission to take his keys - and flew into a panic moments later when he realized his mistake. He says, "I was taking a nap the other day on the couch and my oldest daughter came into the room and I was half asleep, I've taken Georgia out and allowed her to drive in the fields, just to let her get a feel of things."
"She came over to me (while he was napping) and said, 'Dad, can I back the truck up because I wanna do some videotaping in the driveway.' And I said, 'Yeah, no problem.' Now I didn't realise I had said yes to my daughter, who's 14, and then my eyes (flew open) and I was like, 'Oh my God, I just told my daughter she could back the truck up.' I got two other kids, I got three dogs (in the house), somebody's gonna die!"
He was able to breathe a sigh of relief when he saw no harm had been done - but now he fears he'll get a scolding from his wife Jill after revealing all about the incident on U.S. TV's "Late Show with David Letterman".
He says, "My wife doesn't know about this. It probably wasn't a good idea but I went out, the truck was backed up, and everything was fine."
- Find Out Why Psy Chose Apink's Na Eun for His 'New Face' MV
- Jo Kwon Wants a 2AM Reunion
- Tyga Spotted Wearing Matching Sneakers With Mystery Brunette
- Jennifer Garner's New Pal Chelsea Handler Is Going After Ben Affleck
- 'Game of Thrones' Is Filming Fake Scenes
- Most Brutal Celebrity vs Paparazzi Fights
- Are 'Riverdale' Stars Cole Sprouse and Lili Reinhart Dating?
- 'Ant-Man and the Wasp': Evangeline Lilly Reacts to Michelle Pfeiffer's Casting as Her On-Screen Mom