Harry Connick Jr. Allowed Underage Daughter to Drive Truck
Singer/actor Harry Connick Jr. has landed himself in trouble with his wife after confessing he once accidentally allowed his underage daughter to drive his truck. The star reveals he was catching up on his sleep at home one day when his then-14-year-old daughter Georgia approached him about moving the vehicle so it no longer blocked the driveway.
Connick, Jr. admits he was so tired he absentmindedly gave her permission to take his keys - and flew into a panic moments later when he realized his mistake. He says, "I was taking a nap the other day on the couch and my oldest daughter came into the room and I was half asleep, I've taken Georgia out and allowed her to drive in the fields, just to let her get a feel of things."
"She came over to me (while he was napping) and said, 'Dad, can I back the truck up because I wanna do some videotaping in the driveway.' And I said, 'Yeah, no problem.' Now I didn't realise I had said yes to my daughter, who's 14, and then my eyes (flew open) and I was like, 'Oh my God, I just told my daughter she could back the truck up.' I got two other kids, I got three dogs (in the house), somebody's gonna die!"
He was able to breathe a sigh of relief when he saw no harm had been done - but now he fears he'll get a scolding from his wife Jill after revealing all about the incident on U.S. TV's "Late Show with David Letterman".
He says, "My wife doesn't know about this. It probably wasn't a good idea but I went out, the truck was backed up, and everything was fine."
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says