Florence Welch Cried After Being Groped in Crowd Surfing
British singer Florence Welch broke down in tears on stage and was escorted away by security at a gig last week, June 5 after she was allegedly groped while crowd surfing. The Florence and the Machine frontwoman dived into the audience near the end of her set at the University of Leeds Summer Ball in England on June 4.
But she was left shaken after one fan grabbed her, causing her to scream out before she was pulled back on stage sobbing, reports Britain's Sunday Express. A student who was at the gig tells the publication, "Florence was on the barrier and she crowd-surfed, screamed and got pulled back up."
A representative for the university students' union, Tom Salmon, adds, "Whether contact was deliberate or accidental as she was passed over people's heads we have not been able to determine." Welch did not report the alleged incident to police.
- Calvin Harris Cancels More Las Vegas Shows After Car Accident
- Jake Gyllenhaal Helps Amy Schumer Spoof 'Catfish' and the Victim Becomes Obscure
- Lionsgate Is Planning to Make Seven More 'Power Rangers' Movies
- Kylie Jenner and PARTYNEXTDOOR Go Bowling Together
- Troy Ave's Arrested After Video of Him Firing Gun at T.I.'s Concert Surfaces
- Gucci Mane Records New Mixtape Just Hours After Released From Prison
- New Trailer for Cameron Crowe's 'Roadies' Promises Nudity and a Lot of Drama
- Here's What Chris Evans Says of Captain America's Hydra Plot Twist