Florence Welch Cried After Being Groped in Crowd Surfing
British singer Florence Welch broke down in tears on stage and was escorted away by security at a gig last week, June 5 after she was allegedly groped while crowd surfing. The Florence and the Machine frontwoman dived into the audience near the end of her set at the University of Leeds Summer Ball in England on June 4.
But she was left shaken after one fan grabbed her, causing her to scream out before she was pulled back on stage sobbing, reports Britain's Sunday Express. A student who was at the gig tells the publication, "Florence was on the barrier and she crowd-surfed, screamed and got pulled back up."
A representative for the university students' union, Tom Salmon, adds, "Whether contact was deliberate or accidental as she was passed over people's heads we have not been able to determine." Welch did not report the alleged incident to police.
- Lady GaGa Hits Recording Studio With BloodPop, Mark Ronson and Kevin Parker
- Derek Hough Confirms He's Back on 'Dancing with the Stars', Cheryl Burke Also Returns
- Ruby Rose Splits From Girlfriend Harley Gusman
- Ariana Grande Kisses Mac Miller and Sits on His Lap at VMAs After-Party
- Justin Bieber Wins 8 Titles in Guinness World Records 2017 Edition
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Poses Completely Naked for Paper Magazine
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs