Florence Welch Cried After Being Groped in Crowd Surfing
British singer Florence Welch broke down in tears on stage and was escorted away by security at a gig last week, June 5 after she was allegedly groped while crowd surfing. The Florence and the Machine frontwoman dived into the audience near the end of her set at the University of Leeds Summer Ball in England on June 4.
But she was left shaken after one fan grabbed her, causing her to scream out before she was pulled back on stage sobbing, reports Britain's Sunday Express. A student who was at the gig tells the publication, "Florence was on the barrier and she crowd-surfed, screamed and got pulled back up."
A representative for the university students' union, Tom Salmon, adds, "Whether contact was deliberate or accidental as she was passed over people's heads we have not been able to determine." Welch did not report the alleged incident to police.
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?