Florence Welch Cried After Being Groped in Crowd Surfing
British singer Florence Welch broke down in tears on stage and was escorted away by security at a gig last week, June 5 after she was allegedly groped while crowd surfing. The Florence and the Machine frontwoman dived into the audience near the end of her set at the University of Leeds Summer Ball in England on June 4.
But she was left shaken after one fan grabbed her, causing her to scream out before she was pulled back on stage sobbing, reports Britain's Sunday Express. A student who was at the gig tells the publication, "Florence was on the barrier and she crowd-surfed, screamed and got pulled back up."
A representative for the university students' union, Tom Salmon, adds, "Whether contact was deliberate or accidental as she was passed over people's heads we have not been able to determine." Welch did not report the alleged incident to police.
- Watch the Leaked 'Avengers: Infinity War' Comic-Con Trailer
- Jared Leto Circling Lead Role in Sony's 'Bloodshot' Adaptation
- Rihanna and Cara Delevingne Go Braless at 'Valerian' Paris Premiere
- Find Out Why Psy Chose Apink's Na Eun for His 'New Face' MV
- Jo Kwon Wants a 2AM Reunion
- Tyga Spotted Wearing Matching Sneakers With Mystery Brunette
- Jennifer Garner's New Pal Chelsea Handler Is Going After Ben Affleck
- 'Game of Thrones' Is Filming Fake Scenes