Florence Welch Cried After Being Groped in Crowd Surfing
British singer Florence Welch broke down in tears on stage and was escorted away by security at a gig last week, June 5 after she was allegedly groped while crowd surfing. The Florence and the Machine frontwoman dived into the audience near the end of her set at the University of Leeds Summer Ball in England on June 4.
But she was left shaken after one fan grabbed her, causing her to scream out before she was pulled back on stage sobbing, reports Britain's Sunday Express. A student who was at the gig tells the publication, "Florence was on the barrier and she crowd-surfed, screamed and got pulled back up."
A representative for the university students' union, Tom Salmon, adds, "Whether contact was deliberate or accidental as she was passed over people's heads we have not been able to determine." Welch did not report the alleged incident to police.
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- John Carpenter Shares Brutal Thoughts on 'Halloween' Remake, Slams Rob Zombie
- Cathriona White's Letter Reveals Jim Carrey Called Her a 'Whore' and Gave Her STDs
- Artist of the Week: Lady GaGa
- 50 Cent Starts 'Empire' Feud With Taraji P. Henson, Jussie Smollett Also Weighs In
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush