Jay-Z Took Mr. Hudson and Kanye West at Isle of Wight
Jay-Z thrilled fans during his set at Britain's Isle of Wight festival on Friday night, June 11 with guest performances from Kanye West and Mr. Hudson. The hip-hop mogul was headlining the event with an 80-minute show, and during the slot he introduced Mr. Hudson to the crowd on hit track "Forever Young".
He was then joined by West, who rapped on "Run This Town", to rapturous applause from fans. The "99 Problems" hitmaker also used his set to pay tribute to U.S. President Barack Obama, telling the crowd, "After 44 tries we've got a black president, we changed the world. And somebody in this field will change the world."
The festival was closed on Sunday, June 13 night with Paul McCartney headlining the Main Stage. The Beatle paid tribute to the late Jimi Hendrix, saying "I was really lucky to know Jimi and hang out with him a little bit in the '60s, he was a great guy."
More Jay-Z News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance