Piers Morgan Touted to Replace Larry King
"America's Got Talent" judge Piers Morgan is reportedly in talks to take over Larry King's U.S. talk show. The veteran broadcaster's programme, "Larry King Live", has experienced a slump in ratings over the last year and bosses at the CNN network are said to be discussing a replacement for the 76 year old.
And Morgan - who fronts his own series, "Piers Morgan's Life Stories", in the U.K. - is reportedly in negotiations to take on the role. A source tells Britain's Daily Mail, "CNN bosses have been desperately searching for somebody to revamp the show. Larry's ratings are massively down year on year - and Piers is just the chap (man)."
"Piers is utterly thrilled by the prospect of the deal and knows that taking over the Larry King show means that something will have to give. America's Got Talent finishes in mid-September, so it seems Larry will be moved to a weekend show then and be ousted from his nightly prime-time slot."
"Piers has discussed it all with Simon Cowell, who gave him his big break on America's Got Talent and 'Britain's Got Talent', and has his blessing."
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby