John C. Reilly Threatens Anyone Who Steals Frank Sinatra Role With Physical Violence
Things are about to get ugly in Hollywood if Guy Ritchie gets the greenlight to start work on movie musical remake "Guys and Dolls", "Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story" star John C. Reilly has threatened anyone who steals the role of Nathan Detroit from him with physical violence.
That means Justin Timberlake should be worried, if reports Ritchie has him slated for the iconic role are true. The "Chicago" star tells WENN he has his sights set on the role Frank Sinatra played on the big screen in 1955. He explains, "I'm still waiting for 'Guys and Dolls' to get made into a movie. I will scratch the eyes out of anyone who tries to get between me and Nathan Detroit, I swear to God!"
"That movie is like the holy grail. I would love to do it. I guess the rights are somewhat complicated, from what I heard, but, boy, that would be a great one to do." Reilly might also face stiff competition from thespian Oliver Platt, who most recently played Detroit onstage.
He isn't the only star with a hankering for a role in the movie musical, Mandy Moore's dream is to play Miss Adelaide and Jessica Biel is keen to revive the Sarah Brown character she played onstage at the Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles in summer 2009.
- Ivanka Trump's Brother-In-Law Joshua Kushner Joined Women's March on Washington
- Like It or Not, Donald Trump's Inauguration Draws Second Biggest Ratings in 36 Years
- Madonna Defends 'Blowing Up the White House' Remark as Secret Service Is Planning to Investigate Her
- Is 'Once Upon a Time' Preparing a Musical Episode in Season 6?
- 'Split' Tops Domestic Box Office, 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Hits $1 Billion Worldwide
- Possible First Look at Superman's Black Suit in 'Justice League' Unveiled
- The Weeknd's 'Starboy' Stays at No. 1, The xx's 'I See You' Nabs Second Place on Billboard 200
- Keke Palmer Accuses Trey Songz of 'Sexual Intimidation' for Including Her in His Video