John C. Reilly Threatens Anyone Who Steals Frank Sinatra Role With Physical Violence
Things are about to get ugly in Hollywood if Guy Ritchie gets the greenlight to start work on movie musical remake "Guys and Dolls", "Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story" star John C. Reilly has threatened anyone who steals the role of Nathan Detroit from him with physical violence.
That means Justin Timberlake should be worried, if reports Ritchie has him slated for the iconic role are true. The "Chicago" star tells WENN he has his sights set on the role Frank Sinatra played on the big screen in 1955. He explains, "I'm still waiting for 'Guys and Dolls' to get made into a movie. I will scratch the eyes out of anyone who tries to get between me and Nathan Detroit, I swear to God!"
"That movie is like the holy grail. I would love to do it. I guess the rights are somewhat complicated, from what I heard, but, boy, that would be a great one to do." Reilly might also face stiff competition from thespian Oliver Platt, who most recently played Detroit onstage.
He isn't the only star with a hankering for a role in the movie musical, Mandy Moore's dream is to play Miss Adelaide and Jessica Biel is keen to revive the Sarah Brown character she played onstage at the Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles in summer 2009.
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season