John C. Reilly Threatens Anyone Who Steals Frank Sinatra Role With Physical Violence
Things are about to get ugly in Hollywood if Guy Ritchie gets the greenlight to start work on movie musical remake "Guys and Dolls", "Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story" star John C. Reilly has threatened anyone who steals the role of Nathan Detroit from him with physical violence.
That means Justin Timberlake should be worried, if reports Ritchie has him slated for the iconic role are true. The "Chicago" star tells WENN he has his sights set on the role Frank Sinatra played on the big screen in 1955. He explains, "I'm still waiting for 'Guys and Dolls' to get made into a movie. I will scratch the eyes out of anyone who tries to get between me and Nathan Detroit, I swear to God!"
"That movie is like the holy grail. I would love to do it. I guess the rights are somewhat complicated, from what I heard, but, boy, that would be a great one to do." Reilly might also face stiff competition from thespian Oliver Platt, who most recently played Detroit onstage.
He isn't the only star with a hankering for a role in the movie musical, Mandy Moore's dream is to play Miss Adelaide and Jessica Biel is keen to revive the Sarah Brown character she played onstage at the Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles in summer 2009.
More John C. Reilly News
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture