Gary Coleman's Parents Will Not Take Part in Estate Battle
Gary Coleman's estranged parents have no interest in fighting for control of the late actor's estate - because they refuse to "disrespect" the late star. The "Diff'rent Strokes" star, who passed away in May, failed to leave clear instructions regarding his assets and, earlier this week, his ex-wife Shannon Price launched a bid to take over the estate.
Price, who claims to have been Coleman's common-law spouse, insists she and her ex continued to live together as man and wife after they divorced in 2008. And she has produced a handwritten 2007 document, in which the actor reportedly names her as the "sole heir of any and all monies, properties, bank accounts, earnings, model trains, vehicles, cars, toys, games, electronics, homes, other inheritances if any, all things physical and/or intellectual."
The addendum, modifying an allegedly unsigned 2006 will, stated: "I revoke all previous wills. I specifically disinherit my biological parents and siblings." The actor's former manager and his "Diff'rent Strokes" co-star Todd Bridges also claim they have instruction and authorization re Coleman's funeral and estate plans.
But the tragic star's estranged parents, Willie and Edmonia Sue Coleman, insist they won't be part of the ongoing estate battle. In a TV interview on Friday morning, June 11, Edmonia said, "There's enough going on, there's enough disrespect toward him (Gary). We just will not be a part of that."
The former child star died after suffering a brain hemorrhage, and his will, filed at 4th District Court in Provo, Utah on Tuesday, June 8, named his former manager Dion Mial as the executor of his estate. The actor cut all ties with his mum and dad after successfully suing them in 1989 for misappropriating his $3.8 million (2.53 million pound sterling) trust fund. However, the Colemans were named as his official next of kin following his divorce from Price.
- Jennifer Lopez Breaks Silence on Her Relationship With Drake
- Joe Jonas Approves of Demi Lovato's On-Again Romance With Guilhermo Vasconcelos
- Surly and His Squad Fight for New Home in 'The Nut Job 2' First Trailer
- 'American Crime Story' Will Take on Bill Clinton-Monica Lewinsky Sex Scandal
- Kim Kardashian Did Want to Divorce Kanye West. Here's Why She Stays
- New 'Kong: Skull Island' Banner Suggests Kong's Soft Spot
- Bella Thorne Defends Ex-Beau Gregg Sulkin After His Alleged Nude Pics Surface
- People's Choice Awards 2017: Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake Among Winners in Music