Gary Coleman's Parents Will Not Take Part in Estate Battle
Gary Coleman's estranged parents have no interest in fighting for control of the late actor's estate - because they refuse to "disrespect" the late star. The "Diff'rent Strokes" star, who passed away in May, failed to leave clear instructions regarding his assets and, earlier this week, his ex-wife Shannon Price launched a bid to take over the estate.
Price, who claims to have been Coleman's common-law spouse, insists she and her ex continued to live together as man and wife after they divorced in 2008. And she has produced a handwritten 2007 document, in which the actor reportedly names her as the "sole heir of any and all monies, properties, bank accounts, earnings, model trains, vehicles, cars, toys, games, electronics, homes, other inheritances if any, all things physical and/or intellectual."
The addendum, modifying an allegedly unsigned 2006 will, stated: "I revoke all previous wills. I specifically disinherit my biological parents and siblings." The actor's former manager and his "Diff'rent Strokes" co-star Todd Bridges also claim they have instruction and authorization re Coleman's funeral and estate plans.
But the tragic star's estranged parents, Willie and Edmonia Sue Coleman, insist they won't be part of the ongoing estate battle. In a TV interview on Friday morning, June 11, Edmonia said, "There's enough going on, there's enough disrespect toward him (Gary). We just will not be a part of that."
The former child star died after suffering a brain hemorrhage, and his will, filed at 4th District Court in Provo, Utah on Tuesday, June 8, named his former manager Dion Mial as the executor of his estate. The actor cut all ties with his mum and dad after successfully suing them in 1989 for misappropriating his $3.8 million (2.53 million pound sterling) trust fund. However, the Colemans were named as his official next of kin following his divorce from Price.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked