Filmmaker Mike Nichols Honored at AFI
Moviemaker Mike Nichols was the focus of a star-studded ceremony in California on Thursday, June 10 night as he picked up a Lifetime Achievement Award from the American Film Institute. Actors including Harrison Ford, Jack Nicholson, Julia Roberts and Helen Mirren turned out to honor The Graduate director at the event, held at the Sony Pictures Studio in Culver City.
The 78-year-old Oscar-winner was presented with the coveted prize by Meryl Streep, and admitted he was deeply honored by the tribute, saying, "Something like this, you look back and you remember everything that happened, all the people and all the fun you had and all the laughs you had... it's a nice way to make a living."
Last year's winner of the award, Michael Douglas, later joked about the event, telling Entertainment Tonight, "The American Film Institute in particular, when you look at the roster of people you're surrounded with, obviously they set the bar kind of low last year. Now we're getting back up to where it should be: someone like Mike Nichols."
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation