Vanessa Redgrave Plans Acting Hiatus Following Family Tragedies
Veteran actress Vanessa Redgrave is to take a break from work so she can spend quality time with her loved ones following her recent family tragedies. The British star was rocked by the death of her daughter, Natasha Richardson, last year after a skiing accident, and the sad loss was compounded by the death of her brother Corin, who passed away in April this year, and her sister Lynn, who lost her battle with breast cancer last month.
Redgrave has decided not to take on any more movie roles for the foreseeable future so she can "take stock" of her losses and dedicate her time to her other daughter, Joely Richardson.
She says, "I'm glad not to work for a while because I want to take time to think and to read and to garden and see my daughter and be with my grandchildren."
- 'Pitch Perfect 3' Release Pushed Back to Winter 2017
- Amber Heard Claims Police Lie About Finding No Evidence to Protect Johnny Depp
- 'Mary Poppins Returns' Gets Christmas Release Date and Official Synopsis
- Khloe Kardashian Cozying Up to Odell Beckham Jr. at Drake's Memorial Day Party
- Keira Knightley Defended by Directors and Fellow Stars After John Carney Trashed Her
- Jena Malone and Boyfriend Welcome Baby Boy - Meet Baby Ode!
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'