Marc Anthony Replaces Osvaldo Rios as Puerto Rican Day Parade's Godfather
Marc Anthony has agreed to step in and replace Osvaldo Rios as the International Godfather of Sunday's, June 13 Puerto Rican Day Parade in New York after the actor was asked to step down because of his 2004 jail term. Anthony initially planned to make a brief appearance at the street celebration, but insiders claim the singer has cleared his schedule for the day so he can lead the parade.
The timing is perfect for Anthony, whose family hails from Puerto Rica, the parade will give him the chance to promote his new album "Iconos". Latino soap star Rios pulled out of an appearance at the parade after politicians in his native country called for him to withdraw.
The officials claimed the actor, who once dated Shakira, should not be honoured in New York because of a domestic violence conviction, which landed him in jail six years ago. Rios spent three months behind bars for hitting his then-girlfriend Daisy Annette Santiago.
More Marc Anthony News
- Josh Gad Recruits Chris Pratt, J.J. Abrams and More to Get 'Star Wars' Spoilers From Daisy Ridley
- Kris Jenner Reveals Whether She Will Marry Corey Gamble
- First Photo of 'The Predator' Cast in Costume Unveiled
- Calvin Harris Teases Collaborative Song With Frank Ocean and Offset
- 'Mission: Impossible 6' Will Feature Ethan Hunt's Emotional Journey, Says Director
- Jennifer Lopez on Drake and Dating Younger Men: 'It Has Nothing to Do With Age'
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Nick Gets Surprise Visit From Ex Andi Dorfman After Hometown Dates
- Drake Gives a Birthday Shout Out to Rihanna During Concert