Marc Anthony Replaces Osvaldo Rios as Puerto Rican Day Parade's Godfather
Marc Anthony has agreed to step in and replace Osvaldo Rios as the International Godfather of Sunday's, June 13 Puerto Rican Day Parade in New York after the actor was asked to step down because of his 2004 jail term. Anthony initially planned to make a brief appearance at the street celebration, but insiders claim the singer has cleared his schedule for the day so he can lead the parade.
The timing is perfect for Anthony, whose family hails from Puerto Rica, the parade will give him the chance to promote his new album "Iconos". Latino soap star Rios pulled out of an appearance at the parade after politicians in his native country called for him to withdraw.
The officials claimed the actor, who once dated Shakira, should not be honoured in New York because of a domestic violence conviction, which landed him in jail six years ago. Rios spent three months behind bars for hitting his then-girlfriend Daisy Annette Santiago.
- Dr. Dre Detained Outside His Malibu House After an Alleged Road Rage
- Sarah Silverman Gets Booed for Mocking Bernie Sanders Supporters at DNC
- Kiersey Clemons Confirmed to Star as Iris West in 'The Flash' Movie
- Mariah Carey's Fiance James Packer Grabs Her Boob While Partying in Italy
- 'The Bachelorette': JoJo Picks Final Two After Ruining a Suitor's Fantasy Suite Date
- Justin Bieber and Cody Simpson's Unreleased Song 'Stay Together' Surfaces Online
- 'He's a Dirty Dog!' Sharon Osbourne Blasts Ozzy for Comments on Their Marriage
- Katharine McPhee and Boyfriend Elyes Gabel Call It Quits After Two Years