Marc Anthony Replaces Osvaldo Rios as Puerto Rican Day Parade's Godfather
Marc Anthony has agreed to step in and replace Osvaldo Rios as the International Godfather of Sunday's, June 13 Puerto Rican Day Parade in New York after the actor was asked to step down because of his 2004 jail term. Anthony initially planned to make a brief appearance at the street celebration, but insiders claim the singer has cleared his schedule for the day so he can lead the parade.
The timing is perfect for Anthony, whose family hails from Puerto Rica, the parade will give him the chance to promote his new album "Iconos". Latino soap star Rios pulled out of an appearance at the parade after politicians in his native country called for him to withdraw.
The officials claimed the actor, who once dated Shakira, should not be honoured in New York because of a domestic violence conviction, which landed him in jail six years ago. Rios spent three months behind bars for hitting his then-girlfriend Daisy Annette Santiago.
More Marc Anthony News
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Competition! Scarlett Johansson Develops a Zelda Fitzgerald Rival Project
- 'The Punisher' Announces 5 More New Cast Members
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards
- Gilmore Girls at Major Crossroads in 'A Year in the Life' First Trailer
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early and Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie
- 'Walking Dead' Slammed by Parents TV Council Over Violent Season 7 Premiere