Marc Anthony Replaces Osvaldo Rios as Puerto Rican Day Parade's Godfather
Marc Anthony has agreed to step in and replace Osvaldo Rios as the International Godfather of Sunday's, June 13 Puerto Rican Day Parade in New York after the actor was asked to step down because of his 2004 jail term. Anthony initially planned to make a brief appearance at the street celebration, but insiders claim the singer has cleared his schedule for the day so he can lead the parade.
The timing is perfect for Anthony, whose family hails from Puerto Rica, the parade will give him the chance to promote his new album "Iconos". Latino soap star Rios pulled out of an appearance at the parade after politicians in his native country called for him to withdraw.
The officials claimed the actor, who once dated Shakira, should not be honoured in New York because of a domestic violence conviction, which landed him in jail six years ago. Rios spent three months behind bars for hitting his then-girlfriend Daisy Annette Santiago.
More Marc Anthony News
- Kim Kardashian Shares Rare Pics for Saint's 1st Birthday as Kanye West Comes Back Home
- Mariah Carey Suffers Another Nip Slip as She and Bryan Tanaka Cozy Up at NYC Hot Spot
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'