Marc Anthony Replaces Osvaldo Rios as Puerto Rican Day Parade's Godfather
Marc Anthony has agreed to step in and replace Osvaldo Rios as the International Godfather of Sunday's, June 13 Puerto Rican Day Parade in New York after the actor was asked to step down because of his 2004 jail term. Anthony initially planned to make a brief appearance at the street celebration, but insiders claim the singer has cleared his schedule for the day so he can lead the parade.
The timing is perfect for Anthony, whose family hails from Puerto Rica, the parade will give him the chance to promote his new album "Iconos". Latino soap star Rios pulled out of an appearance at the parade after politicians in his native country called for him to withdraw.
The officials claimed the actor, who once dated Shakira, should not be honoured in New York because of a domestic violence conviction, which landed him in jail six years ago. Rios spent three months behind bars for hitting his then-girlfriend Daisy Annette Santiago.
More Marc Anthony News
- Rob Kardashian Reveals He Is Now Diabetes Free
- Britney Spears Recalls Being on 'Awkward' Dates, Says 'Being Famous Doesn't Make You Any Different'
- Taylor Swift Makes Donation to Hospital That Saved Her Godson
- Daniel Radcliffe Eyed for 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child' Movie Trilogy
- Mary J. Blige to Guest Star on 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Ryan Reynolds Paid 'Deadpool' Screenwriters With His Own Money
- Rob Kardashian Finally Opens Up on Why He Ditched Kim Kardashian's Wedding
- Drake and Rihanna Nuzzling and Holding Hands in Miami