Marc Anthony Replaces Osvaldo Rios as Puerto Rican Day Parade's Godfather
Marc Anthony has agreed to step in and replace Osvaldo Rios as the International Godfather of Sunday's, June 13 Puerto Rican Day Parade in New York after the actor was asked to step down because of his 2004 jail term. Anthony initially planned to make a brief appearance at the street celebration, but insiders claim the singer has cleared his schedule for the day so he can lead the parade.
The timing is perfect for Anthony, whose family hails from Puerto Rica, the parade will give him the chance to promote his new album "Iconos". Latino soap star Rios pulled out of an appearance at the parade after politicians in his native country called for him to withdraw.
The officials claimed the actor, who once dated Shakira, should not be honoured in New York because of a domestic violence conviction, which landed him in jail six years ago. Rios spent three months behind bars for hitting his then-girlfriend Daisy Annette Santiago.
More Marc Anthony News
- Amber Heard and Elon Musk Have Been a Couple for 'a While,' and He 'Is Very Attentive' to Her
- Faye Dunaway Feels 'Very Guilty' About Oscar Flub
- Lil Wayne Ends Idaho Show After Fan Throws Drink at Him - Watch the Footage
- Hailey Baldwin Risks Nip Slip as She Goes Braless on Instagram
- Aaron Hernandez's Male Prison Lover Is Allegedly Revealed, Lawyer Denies Gay Rumor
- Colin Firth Returns in Awesome First Trailer for 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle'
- Keke Palmer Flaunts Nipple Piercings as She Parties in Skintight Dress
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Step Out for Lunch Date After She Dishes on Their First Date on 'Ellen'