Geri Halliwell Storms Off Simon Cowell's Show After Being Booed
Singer Geri Halliwell stormed off Simon Cowell's U.K. TV talent contest "The X Factor" after she was booed for making harsh comments as a guest judge. The former Spice Girls star agreed to appear on the series' judging panel at an audition in Glasgow, Scotland on Wednesday, June 9, filling in for pregnant pop star Dannii Minogue.
But she failed to charm members of the live audience and was roundly jeered after criticizing the wannabe pop stars trying out on-stage. Halliwell appeared upset over the crowd's reaction and was spotted leaving the judges' table during filming, with Cowell following her backstage.
An insider tells Britain's Daily Star, "It all started off well for Geri and then she blew it. She was quite mean. Even the other judges were a bit taken aback by some of her comments. She even outdid Simon Cowell. Some people were saying, 'Thank God she's only a stand-in'."
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby