Geri Halliwell Storms Off Simon Cowell's Show After Being Booed
Singer Geri Halliwell stormed off Simon Cowell's U.K. TV talent contest "The X Factor" after she was booed for making harsh comments as a guest judge. The former Spice Girls star agreed to appear on the series' judging panel at an audition in Glasgow, Scotland on Wednesday, June 9, filling in for pregnant pop star Dannii Minogue.
But she failed to charm members of the live audience and was roundly jeered after criticizing the wannabe pop stars trying out on-stage. Halliwell appeared upset over the crowd's reaction and was spotted leaving the judges' table during filming, with Cowell following her backstage.
An insider tells Britain's Daily Star, "It all started off well for Geri and then she blew it. She was quite mean. Even the other judges were a bit taken aback by some of her comments. She even outdid Simon Cowell. Some people were saying, 'Thank God she's only a stand-in'."
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent