Geri Halliwell Storms Off Simon Cowell's Show After Being Booed
Singer Geri Halliwell stormed off Simon Cowell's U.K. TV talent contest "The X Factor" after she was booed for making harsh comments as a guest judge. The former Spice Girls star agreed to appear on the series' judging panel at an audition in Glasgow, Scotland on Wednesday, June 9, filling in for pregnant pop star Dannii Minogue.
But she failed to charm members of the live audience and was roundly jeered after criticizing the wannabe pop stars trying out on-stage. Halliwell appeared upset over the crowd's reaction and was spotted leaving the judges' table during filming, with Cowell following her backstage.
An insider tells Britain's Daily Star, "It all started off well for Geri and then she blew it. She was quite mean. Even the other judges were a bit taken aback by some of her comments. She even outdid Simon Cowell. Some people were saying, 'Thank God she's only a stand-in'."
- DJ Khaled and Fiancee Nicole Tuck Welcome Baby Boy
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Solange Knowles Set to Make 'SNL' Debut
- Britney Spears Almost Flashes Her Breasts During On-Stage Wardrobe Malfunction
- 'Jessica Jones' Season 2 Will Be Directed Entirely by Women
- Taylor Swift Sings Calvin Harris' Song During Her Return to Stage at Formula 1 Concert
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'