Geri Halliwell Storms Off Simon Cowell's Show After Being Booed
Singer Geri Halliwell stormed off Simon Cowell's U.K. TV talent contest "The X Factor" after she was booed for making harsh comments as a guest judge. The former Spice Girls star agreed to appear on the series' judging panel at an audition in Glasgow, Scotland on Wednesday, June 9, filling in for pregnant pop star Dannii Minogue.
But she failed to charm members of the live audience and was roundly jeered after criticizing the wannabe pop stars trying out on-stage. Halliwell appeared upset over the crowd's reaction and was spotted leaving the judges' table during filming, with Cowell following her backstage.
An insider tells Britain's Daily Star, "It all started off well for Geri and then she blew it. She was quite mean. Even the other judges were a bit taken aback by some of her comments. She even outdid Simon Cowell. Some people were saying, 'Thank God she's only a stand-in'."
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce From Lamar Odom Again
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Plan $10M Lawsuit to Silence Former Bodyguard
- Justin Bieber Spotted on Dinner Date With Nicola Peltz
- Take a Peek at Gwen Stefani's 'Misery' Music Video in This Teaser
- Miranda Lambert Closes Her Boutique, Sells Building to Ex-Husband Blake Shelton
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them