Geri Halliwell Storms Off Simon Cowell's Show After Being Booed
Singer Geri Halliwell stormed off Simon Cowell's U.K. TV talent contest "The X Factor" after she was booed for making harsh comments as a guest judge. The former Spice Girls star agreed to appear on the series' judging panel at an audition in Glasgow, Scotland on Wednesday, June 9, filling in for pregnant pop star Dannii Minogue.
But she failed to charm members of the live audience and was roundly jeered after criticizing the wannabe pop stars trying out on-stage. Halliwell appeared upset over the crowd's reaction and was spotted leaving the judges' table during filming, with Cowell following her backstage.
An insider tells Britain's Daily Star, "It all started off well for Geri and then she blew it. She was quite mean. Even the other judges were a bit taken aback by some of her comments. She even outdid Simon Cowell. Some people were saying, 'Thank God she's only a stand-in'."
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens
- 'Scream Queens' 2.03 Preview Teases Bad Blood Between Chad and Brock
- Courteney Cox on Jennifer Aniston Dragged Into Brangelina Divorce: 'It's Not About Her'
- Rep Denies Lady GaGa Is Having Baby 'on Her Own'
- Get Your First Look at Nick Jonas in New 'Jumanji' Movie
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian Is Expecting Baby No. 4 With Scott Disick
- Taylor Swift's Squad Reportedly Abandons Her After Her 'Embarrassing Feuds and Breakups'