Katherine Heigl: Grounded Sandra Bullock Changes My Life
Katherine Heigl has credited Sandra Bullock with "changing her life", insisting she looks to "The Blind Side" actress as her role model. The "Grey's Anatomy" star was moved by how Bullock handled herself after her husband Jesse James' alleged affairs were revealed in the press in March, weeks after the couple had secretly adopted a son.
And Heigl, who adopted a daughter in 2009, has heaped praise on Bullock for her courage. She tells MSNBC, "Whenever I'm about to do or say something, I first think W.W.S.B.D., which stands for What Would Sandra Bullock Do? I don't know her personally, but from what I've seen of her and what I've read about her, she seems to be one of the most well-spoken, gracious, charming and funny women in Hollywood. If I could get there, I would like to be just like her."
Bullock opened up about her marriage breakdown in a People magazine interview in April, reflecting on her "guilt and sadness" that the paparazzi were following her three step-children with James. Bullock said, "I feel such guilt and sadness about how they (the kids) have been hunted by the photographers. I just wanted to ask the photographers if they have children. Would this be fair to do to them? I was profoundly amazed at how much money was being made from other people's pain."
And Heigl insists reading the quote changed her perspective on the snappers who follow her. She adds, "There becomes a focus on you that sometimes can feel overwhelming... You feel so self-conscious. You feel like you have to pose all the time... I was going crazy, I wasn't being myself. Then I read what Sandra said. She's so grounded. She isn't aggressive in any way. She doesn't take it all so personally. She really gets it. I swear that reading what she said changed my life."
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group