Miley Cyrus Will Never Stumble Out of Nightclubs Drunk, Thanks to Bret Michaels' Advice
Miley Cyrus has credited new duet partner Bret Michaels for giving her a sensible take on drugs and alcohol. The clean-living teen insists she'll never become "that person" who stumbles out of nightclubs drunk and stoned, and rocker Michaels, who recently re-recorded his "Poison" ballad "Every Rose Has Its Thorn" with the teen pop sensation, has helped destroy the sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll imagery for her with a few horror stories.
Cyrus explains, "Having him in my life and him telling me some stories and some of the dumb crap that happens... he just makes me never want to do that stuff." But the singer insists she won't be a tee-total goody goody when she's older, saying "I'm not gonna be like, 'I'll never have a drink in my entire life,' because that's probably going to be a lie."
"But if I'm ever seen out dancing at a club having fun, I don't want people to immediately go, 'Oh, she's on drugs, she's drunk.' I'm never going to be that person. As long as I steer clear of that and keep that mind frame, I think I'll be cool."
More Miley Cyrus News
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Not Married Despite That Ring on Her Finger
- 'Don't Breathe' Scares 'Suicide Squad' Away From Box Office's No. 1
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake, Calvin Harris and Fifth Harmony Among Early Winners
- MTV VMAs 2016: Watch Rihanna, Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj's Performances
- Ariana Grande Confirms She's Dating Mac Miller at 2016 MTV VMAs
- Frank Ocean Earns First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Blonde'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Is Snow Queen, Kim Kardashian and Nicki Minaj Show Skin on Red Carpet