Ex-Wife Files Legal Paper to Gain Control of Gary Coleman's Estate
Gary Coleman's ex-wife has launched a bid to take over the late actor's estate, insisting she was his common-law wife. Shannon Price has filed legal documents to gain control of the star's estate, claiming she wants to take care of matters such as the "disposition of the body".
Price maintains she was the "Diff'rent Strokes" star's common-law spouse because the couple, who shared a home in Santaquin, Utah, held joint bank accounts, incurred joint debt and filed joint tax returns. The filing reads, "Shannon and the decedent (Coleman) continued to have a romantic relationship and engage in romantic and sexual relations."
Price, who divorced Coleman in 2008, is also challenging the executor's decision to bar her from their marital residence, insisting she was awarded the property in "a sealed decree of divorce". The 24 year old has provided a 2007 document, said to be handwritten by the actor, which declares Price as the "sole heir of any and all monies, properties, bank accounts, earnings, model trains, vehicles, cars, toys, games, electronics, homes, other inheritances if any, all things physical and/or intellectual."
The addendum, modifying an allegedly unsigned 2006 will, adds, "I revoke all previous wills. I specifically disinherit my biological parents and siblings."
Coleman passed away on May 28 after suffering a brain haemorrhage, and his will, filed at 4th District Court in Provo, Utah on Tuesday, June 8, named his former manager Dion Mial as the executor of his estate. The actor's "Diff'rent Strokes" co-star Todd Bridges claims he and Mial are the only people authorized to carry out Coleman's funeral wishes.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce