Ex-Wife Files Legal Paper to Gain Control of Gary Coleman's Estate
Gary Coleman's ex-wife has launched a bid to take over the late actor's estate, insisting she was his common-law wife. Shannon Price has filed legal documents to gain control of the star's estate, claiming she wants to take care of matters such as the "disposition of the body".
Price maintains she was the "Diff'rent Strokes" star's common-law spouse because the couple, who shared a home in Santaquin, Utah, held joint bank accounts, incurred joint debt and filed joint tax returns. The filing reads, "Shannon and the decedent (Coleman) continued to have a romantic relationship and engage in romantic and sexual relations."
Price, who divorced Coleman in 2008, is also challenging the executor's decision to bar her from their marital residence, insisting she was awarded the property in "a sealed decree of divorce". The 24 year old has provided a 2007 document, said to be handwritten by the actor, which declares Price as the "sole heir of any and all monies, properties, bank accounts, earnings, model trains, vehicles, cars, toys, games, electronics, homes, other inheritances if any, all things physical and/or intellectual."
The addendum, modifying an allegedly unsigned 2006 will, adds, "I revoke all previous wills. I specifically disinherit my biological parents and siblings."
Coleman passed away on May 28 after suffering a brain haemorrhage, and his will, filed at 4th District Court in Provo, Utah on Tuesday, June 8, named his former manager Dion Mial as the executor of his estate. The actor's "Diff'rent Strokes" co-star Todd Bridges claims he and Mial are the only people authorized to carry out Coleman's funeral wishes.
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'