Jane Fonda Honored With Great Medal in France
Hollywood veteran Jane Fonda was celebrated for her career achievements in Paris, France on Thursday, June 10. The Oscar winner was handed the Great Medal of the City of Paris by Mayor Bertrand Delanoe during a press conference for the upcoming Paris Cinema festival.
Fonda's old friend, French director Costa Gavras, was on hand to help with the celebrations and the actress admitted his presence brought back fond memories about her early years in the film industry. She told the crowd, "I am very touched that Costa Gavras is here. I played for the first time in a film shot in France a long time ago; it's such a long time ago that I can't remember when it was."
She added, "He (Gavras) was the assistant to Rene Clement. So, for me, it's the end of a circle, which takes me back to where I started and I feel so good in France and especially in Paris, it feels like a second home." The Paris Cinema festival takes place from July 3-13.
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?
- La La Vazquez Parties at NYC Strip Club After Ditching Kim Kardashian's Mexican Getaway
- Paris Jackson Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skimpy Outfit
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors
- G-Dragon and Sulli's Recent Instagram Posts Fuel Dating Speculation
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Pissed at Heather Morris' Shocking 'DWTS' Elimination
- Eww! Kim Kardashian Says Big Sis Kourtney Threw Up in Her Bed Four Times and Slept in It