Jane Fonda Honored With Great Medal in France
Hollywood veteran Jane Fonda was celebrated for her career achievements in Paris, France on Thursday, June 10. The Oscar winner was handed the Great Medal of the City of Paris by Mayor Bertrand Delanoe during a press conference for the upcoming Paris Cinema festival.
Fonda's old friend, French director Costa Gavras, was on hand to help with the celebrations and the actress admitted his presence brought back fond memories about her early years in the film industry. She told the crowd, "I am very touched that Costa Gavras is here. I played for the first time in a film shot in France a long time ago; it's such a long time ago that I can't remember when it was."
She added, "He (Gavras) was the assistant to Rene Clement. So, for me, it's the end of a circle, which takes me back to where I started and I feel so good in France and especially in Paris, it feels like a second home." The Paris Cinema festival takes place from July 3-13.
More Jane Fonda News
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child