Jane Fonda Honored With Great Medal in France
Hollywood veteran Jane Fonda was celebrated for her career achievements in Paris, France on Thursday, June 10. The Oscar winner was handed the Great Medal of the City of Paris by Mayor Bertrand Delanoe during a press conference for the upcoming Paris Cinema festival.
Fonda's old friend, French director Costa Gavras, was on hand to help with the celebrations and the actress admitted his presence brought back fond memories about her early years in the film industry. She told the crowd, "I am very touched that Costa Gavras is here. I played for the first time in a film shot in France a long time ago; it's such a long time ago that I can't remember when it was."
She added, "He (Gavras) was the assistant to Rene Clement. So, for me, it's the end of a circle, which takes me back to where I started and I feel so good in France and especially in Paris, it feels like a second home." The Paris Cinema festival takes place from July 3-13.
- Roger Ailes - Megyn Kelly Harassment Movie Is in the Works
- Surprise Baby Bump! Lake Bell Is Expecting Her Second Child
- T.J. Miller Arrested for Hitting Uber Driver
- Savannah Guthrie Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- 'Fast and Furious 8' Reveals Explosive Teaser Trailer and Official Title
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation