Jane Fonda Honored With Great Medal in France
Hollywood veteran Jane Fonda was celebrated for her career achievements in Paris, France on Thursday, June 10. The Oscar winner was handed the Great Medal of the City of Paris by Mayor Bertrand Delanoe during a press conference for the upcoming Paris Cinema festival.
Fonda's old friend, French director Costa Gavras, was on hand to help with the celebrations and the actress admitted his presence brought back fond memories about her early years in the film industry. She told the crowd, "I am very touched that Costa Gavras is here. I played for the first time in a film shot in France a long time ago; it's such a long time ago that I can't remember when it was."
She added, "He (Gavras) was the assistant to Rene Clement. So, for me, it's the end of a circle, which takes me back to where I started and I feel so good in France and especially in Paris, it feels like a second home." The Paris Cinema festival takes place from July 3-13.
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly
- Beyonce Writes a Song About Her Newborn Twins, Plans to Release New Album Before Coachella 2018
- Gillian Anderson Goes Makeup-Free and Ditches Bra During Her Stay in Italy
- Kate Beckinsale Can't Keep Her Hands Off Toy Boy Matt Rife During Movie Date
- Kevin Feige Confirms Miles Morales Is Part of MCU
- Protective Boyfriend The Weeknd Tells Selena Gomez to Cover Up