Jane Fonda Honored With Great Medal in France
Hollywood veteran Jane Fonda was celebrated for her career achievements in Paris, France on Thursday, June 10. The Oscar winner was handed the Great Medal of the City of Paris by Mayor Bertrand Delanoe during a press conference for the upcoming Paris Cinema festival.
Fonda's old friend, French director Costa Gavras, was on hand to help with the celebrations and the actress admitted his presence brought back fond memories about her early years in the film industry. She told the crowd, "I am very touched that Costa Gavras is here. I played for the first time in a film shot in France a long time ago; it's such a long time ago that I can't remember when it was."
She added, "He (Gavras) was the assistant to Rene Clement. So, for me, it's the end of a circle, which takes me back to where I started and I feel so good in France and especially in Paris, it feels like a second home." The Paris Cinema festival takes place from July 3-13.
More Jane Fonda News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby