Joe Jackson to Sue Michael Jackson's Concert Promoters for Causing His Death
An attorney for Michael Jackson's father Joe is preparing to file an official complaint against concert promoters AEG, accusing company bosses of violating U.S. law by overworking the late superstar as he prepared for his ill-fated London residency. Jackson suffered a cardiac arrest and died in June 2009, just days before he was due to kick-off the mammoth This Is It series of tour dates.
His death has been ruled a homicide and the singer's medic, Dr. Conrad Murray, has pleaded not guilty to a charge of involuntary manslaughter for administering the drug that ultimately led to his demise.
But Joe Jackson wants his son's concert bosses held accountable and his lawyer, Brian Oxman, is set to lodge a complaint with the United States Attorney General, alleging AEG executives were not in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Oxman alleges AEG heads knew about the "Thriller" star's struggle with prescription drugs, deeming him effectively disabled, but continued to pressure Jackson to stick to a grueling rehearsal schedule in preparation for the London shows.
Oxman is also planning to file a complaint with the Medical Board of California, claiming AEG bosses had such tight control of the singer's medical treatment, it became the unauthorized practice of medicine, reports TMZ. The attorney tells the website he will lodge the complaints with the government agencies this month, before the first anniversary of Jackson's death on June 25.
More Michael Jackson News
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending
- Kevin Jonas and Wife Danielle Announce Sex of Their 2nd Baby. Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Calvin Harris Blames Paparazzo for Another Car Accident, but Then Apologizes
- Sia and Diplo Team Up for 'Waving Goodbye' From 'The Neon Demon'
- Farrah Abraham Slammed for Posting Photos of Her 7-Year-Old Daughter in Bikinis
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Reportedly Plans to Confront Tyga After Kylie Jenner Reunion
- Two New Characters on 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 Revealed. Get the Details!