Katherine Heigl NOT Adopting Baby to Be 'Trendy'
Katherine Heigl has laughed off rumors she adopted her baby daughter to be "trendy" - calling accusations she wants to be a fashionable celebrity mother "funny". The "Knocked Up" star became a first-time mum last September, when she and her husband Josh Kelley adopted daughter Naleigh from South Korea, and she recently fueled speculation of a possible second adoption by revealing she is desperate to help orphans in Haiti.
Heigl has since faced accusations she's joined the growing celebrity trend of taking in children from abroad, following in the footsteps of stars including Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt, and Madonna. But Heigl, whose own sister, Meg, was adopted from Korea in the 1970s, isn't worried about the gossip.
She tells Britain's Metro newspaper, "It's so funny. My mum and I joke about it when people say 'You're just doing it because it's trendy'. My mum says 'Well, I'm trendier than everybody because I was doing it in the 1970s when I adopted your sister'."
"I'm very grateful for this little being in my life. I'm very grateful she's my daughter. I'm so grateful we found each other. It's not so much about her being adopted. I just wanted to be a mum and she needed one so here we are."
More Katherine Heigl News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris