Katherine Heigl NOT Adopting Baby to Be 'Trendy'
Katherine Heigl has laughed off rumors she adopted her baby daughter to be "trendy" - calling accusations she wants to be a fashionable celebrity mother "funny". The "Knocked Up" star became a first-time mum last September, when she and her husband Josh Kelley adopted daughter Naleigh from South Korea, and she recently fueled speculation of a possible second adoption by revealing she is desperate to help orphans in Haiti.
Heigl has since faced accusations she's joined the growing celebrity trend of taking in children from abroad, following in the footsteps of stars including Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt, and Madonna. But Heigl, whose own sister, Meg, was adopted from Korea in the 1970s, isn't worried about the gossip.
She tells Britain's Metro newspaper, "It's so funny. My mum and I joke about it when people say 'You're just doing it because it's trendy'. My mum says 'Well, I'm trendier than everybody because I was doing it in the 1970s when I adopted your sister'."
"I'm very grateful for this little being in my life. I'm very grateful she's my daughter. I'm so grateful we found each other. It's not so much about her being adopted. I just wanted to be a mum and she needed one so here we are."
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Feud With Adam Lambert: 'This Is Completely Entertainment'
- SISTAR Disbands After 7 Years, Members Pen Heartfelt Handwritten Letters to Fans
- Michael Jackson's Songs Are Reportedly Not Allowed to Be Featured in 'Bubbles'
- The Weeknd Buys $18 Million Luxurious House. Will Selena Gomez Move In?
- Celine Dion and Cher Reportedly Feuding at BBMAs