Katherine Heigl NOT Adopting Baby to Be 'Trendy'
Katherine Heigl has laughed off rumors she adopted her baby daughter to be "trendy" - calling accusations she wants to be a fashionable celebrity mother "funny". The "Knocked Up" star became a first-time mum last September, when she and her husband Josh Kelley adopted daughter Naleigh from South Korea, and she recently fueled speculation of a possible second adoption by revealing she is desperate to help orphans in Haiti.
Heigl has since faced accusations she's joined the growing celebrity trend of taking in children from abroad, following in the footsteps of stars including Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt, and Madonna. But Heigl, whose own sister, Meg, was adopted from Korea in the 1970s, isn't worried about the gossip.
She tells Britain's Metro newspaper, "It's so funny. My mum and I joke about it when people say 'You're just doing it because it's trendy'. My mum says 'Well, I'm trendier than everybody because I was doing it in the 1970s when I adopted your sister'."
"I'm very grateful for this little being in my life. I'm very grateful she's my daughter. I'm so grateful we found each other. It's not so much about her being adopted. I just wanted to be a mum and she needed one so here we are."
- Awkward! Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Ex John Mayer Attend Drake's Birthday Party
- Is Kendall Jenner Dating Anwar Hadid?
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'