Shakira Visits Schools While in South Africa
Shakira kicked off her stay in South Africa for the soccer World Cup on Wednesday, June 9 by visiting a school to teach her famous dance moves to students. The Colombian singer is currently in Soweto to perform the official 2010 FIFA World Cup anthem, "Waka Waka (This time for Africa)", at a celebratory concert on Thursday, June 10 - the day before the tournament begins.
The pop star, a goodwill ambassador for UNICEF, is also using her time in Africa for philanthropic work, making a trip to Isu'lihle Primary School to meet local kids. Shakira toured classrooms and chatted to pupils, before giving a group of excited children a dance lesson, reports the Associated Press.
And she also stressed the importance of education, telling reporters, "(The World Cup is) a great opportunity to bring all the attention to issues as important as education. Seventy-two million kids around the world (are) not able to attend school, of which 32 million are African. So this is our chance to make this World Cup's lasting legacy education for all."
- Suzy Hints That She's Missing Boyfriend Lee Min Ho in New Instagram Pic
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sports Cornrows and Heavy Makeup in New Instagram Pics
- Pregnant Nikki Reed Bares Cleavage in Sexy Maternity Clothes
- Cristiano Ronaldo's Mother Laughs Off Georgina Rodriguez Pregnancy Rumor: 'It's Nonsense'
- Lamar Odom Is Refused Entry at Los Angeles Strip Club
- Kim Kardashian Is Begging Khloe to Be Her Surrogate for Baby No. 3
- So Cruel! Travis Scott Compares Kylie's Bedroom Skills to Sister Kendall Jenner's
- Selena Gomez Denies Collaboration With The Weeknd on New Music: 'It's Not True'