Kelsey Grammer Forgives Internet Hoaxer
Kelsey Grammer has offered forgiveness to an internet hoaxer after she tricked the "Frasier" star into thinking she was a British soldier killed in battle. The actor struck up a friendship with Scottish Lauren Chalmers last month on social networking site Twitter.com after she claimed to be stationed in Afghanistan.
They kept in regular contact after she asked him for an autographed picture, with Grammer sending 28-year-old Chalmers, known online as Kirkcaldy2010, messages of support. On June 3, he was devastated after being given the sad news she had been 'killed' in an explosion and told his followers on the site: "Kirkcaldy2010 KIA (killed in action) Afghanistan she was only 28. She was planning a trip to Broadway. I had reserved tickets for her."
"We owe Kirkcaldy2010 our freedom, she died for us in Afghanistan... Was so humbled and honored to help in any way. I did not know her but I adored her." Heartbroken Grammer even uploaded a message said to be from her mother which read: "She was killed last night (by an) IED (improvised explosive device). Know she was fan of yours for many years. Know she was happy."
But reporters from The Scottish Sun newspaper who were looking into Chalmers' story subsequently discovered she was alive and well, living at home in Fife, Scotland. And the expose prompted her to confess all to Grammer via Twitter: "I will go now, just wanted u (sic) to know, thank you for (your) advice and forgiveness and 2nd chance (sic). I will pray regularly thank u (sic) again."
The star responded, "May you ask God for forgiveness. I have forgiven you for this mess." Shamed Chalmers tells the newspaper, "I have apologized to him profoundly. I want to make it better. My parents are going to throw me out of the house. I can't even describe to you how bad I feel. I'm an idiot."
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date
- Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck '100 Percent Still Separated' Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Miranda Lambert's Rep Shoots Down Pregnancy Rumors
- Watch Star-Studded Performance of 'What the World Needs Now Is Love' at DNC
- 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Brings Out the Poetic World
- Keshia Knight Pulliam Accuses Her Husband of Cheating While Tearfully Talking About Divorce
- Beyonce Is Reported to Perform at 2016 MTV VMAs
- George and Amal Clooney Are Reportedly Expecting First Child