Harry Connick Jr. Questions 'American Idol' Judge's Capabilities
Harry Connick Jr. has questioned Simon Cowell's capabilities to judge budding talent on reality shows like "American Idol" because the music mogul has no singing background of his own. The singer/actor admires Cowell but admits he would like to see a musician replace the Brit as a judge on "American Idol" next season, instead of another sharp-tongued critic.
Connick, Jr, who himself is among the names billed as a potential Cowell replacement, says, "He was amazing on that show but I also think he's not a musician, and when you don't have a musical background, you have to resort to different ways to get your point across." He adds, "He can't say, 'You're singing out of tune', when he may not know if you're singing out of tune."
TV executives are currently searching for a replacement for Cowell on "American Idol" following his decision to quit this year. Connick, Jr. became an overnight favorite when he mentored finalists for an episode on the most recent season of the show.
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?