Charlie Sheen Wishes to Be in Jail Soon
Embattled actor Charlie Sheen secretly wishes he was behind bars, so he can serve his time and get on with life. The star was expected to begin a 30-day spell at Pitkin County Jail in Colorado on Monday, June 7, but his assault case has been continued to July 12.
A problem with the finite details of his plea deal with prosecutors led to the delay, and Sheen admits he's as surprised as anyone that he's back home in Los Angeles after pleading no contest to misdemeanor assault for an attack during last year's Chirstmas on his wife at their Aspen, Colorado ski retreat.
He says, "It's kind of a bittersweet situation... It's nice to be home, but I also wouldn't mind getting the thing done and getting it behind me." And Sheen, 44, disputes reports the plea deal broke down because of a plan to allow him to smoke behind bars, insisting he was hoping to use the jail spell to kick his habit.
He adds, "I definitely will (quit smoking), probably before my 45th birthday... I was making plans to cut down or follow the (jail's) rules."
More Charlie Sheen News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance