Charlie Sheen Wishes to Be in Jail Soon
Embattled actor Charlie Sheen secretly wishes he was behind bars, so he can serve his time and get on with life. The star was expected to begin a 30-day spell at Pitkin County Jail in Colorado on Monday, June 7, but his assault case has been continued to July 12.
A problem with the finite details of his plea deal with prosecutors led to the delay, and Sheen admits he's as surprised as anyone that he's back home in Los Angeles after pleading no contest to misdemeanor assault for an attack during last year's Chirstmas on his wife at their Aspen, Colorado ski retreat.
He says, "It's kind of a bittersweet situation... It's nice to be home, but I also wouldn't mind getting the thing done and getting it behind me." And Sheen, 44, disputes reports the plea deal broke down because of a plan to allow him to smoke behind bars, insisting he was hoping to use the jail spell to kick his habit.
He adds, "I definitely will (quit smoking), probably before my 45th birthday... I was making plans to cut down or follow the (jail's) rules."
More Charlie Sheen News
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce From Lamar Odom Again
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Plan $10M Lawsuit to Silence Former Bodyguard
- Justin Bieber Spotted on Dinner Date With Nicola Peltz
- Take a Peek at Gwen Stefani's 'Misery' Music Video in This Teaser
- Miranda Lambert Closes Her Boutique, Sells Building to Ex-Husband Blake Shelton
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them