Artists Arrived in South Africa to Kick Off Some Balls
The Black Eyed Peas got the 2010 FIFA World Cup celebrations underway in Soweto, South Africa on Wednesday, June 9 when they joined John Legend, Juanes and Tinariwen to kick out match balls.
The acts attended a media launch for their upcoming FIFA World Cup Kick-Off Celebration Concert, which will take place on Thursday, June 10. Fergie aka Stacy Ferguson even showed off her soccer skills by kicking one of the official match balls, called Jabulani, at Soweto's Soccer City, while wearing high heels.
Legend admitted he is quickly becoming a soccer fan, stating, "I am excited to be part of this huge global event where we get to see everyone come together and transcend all the boundaries of country, race and culture to unite together."
Alicia Keys, Shakira, K'Naan and Mali duo Amadou & Mariam are also in South Africa for concerts linked to the soccer tournament, which begins on Friday, June 11 when host nation South Africa take on Mexico.
FIFA bosses have confirmed that soul superstar R. Kelly will perform the official 2010 FIFA World Cup Anthem, "Sign of a Victory", at the opening ceremony on Friday.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group