Artists Arrived in South Africa to Kick Off Some Balls
The Black Eyed Peas got the 2010 FIFA World Cup celebrations underway in Soweto, South Africa on Wednesday, June 9 when they joined John Legend, Juanes and Tinariwen to kick out match balls.
The acts attended a media launch for their upcoming FIFA World Cup Kick-Off Celebration Concert, which will take place on Thursday, June 10. Fergie aka Stacy Ferguson even showed off her soccer skills by kicking one of the official match balls, called Jabulani, at Soweto's Soccer City, while wearing high heels.
Legend admitted he is quickly becoming a soccer fan, stating, "I am excited to be part of this huge global event where we get to see everyone come together and transcend all the boundaries of country, race and culture to unite together."
Alicia Keys, Shakira, K'Naan and Mali duo Amadou & Mariam are also in South Africa for concerts linked to the soccer tournament, which begins on Friday, June 11 when host nation South Africa take on Mexico.
FIFA bosses have confirmed that soul superstar R. Kelly will perform the official 2010 FIFA World Cup Anthem, "Sign of a Victory", at the opening ceremony on Friday.
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show