Artists Arrived in South Africa to Kick Off Some Balls
The Black Eyed Peas got the 2010 FIFA World Cup celebrations underway in Soweto, South Africa on Wednesday, June 9 when they joined John Legend, Juanes and Tinariwen to kick out match balls.
The acts attended a media launch for their upcoming FIFA World Cup Kick-Off Celebration Concert, which will take place on Thursday, June 10. Fergie aka Stacy Ferguson even showed off her soccer skills by kicking one of the official match balls, called Jabulani, at Soweto's Soccer City, while wearing high heels.
Legend admitted he is quickly becoming a soccer fan, stating, "I am excited to be part of this huge global event where we get to see everyone come together and transcend all the boundaries of country, race and culture to unite together."
Alicia Keys, Shakira, K'Naan and Mali duo Amadou & Mariam are also in South Africa for concerts linked to the soccer tournament, which begins on Friday, June 11 when host nation South Africa take on Mexico.
FIFA bosses have confirmed that soul superstar R. Kelly will perform the official 2010 FIFA World Cup Anthem, "Sign of a Victory", at the opening ceremony on Friday.
More Black Eyed Peas News
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party