Beyonce Not Happy With Jay-Z's Choice of Art
Beyonce Knowles once vetoed a piece of art her husband Jay-Z bought for their New York penthouse home - because she didn't like the suggestive and controversial image. The rapper tells Rolling Stone magazine his wife was not a fan of the Laurie Simmons piece, which depicted a pair of women's legs emerging from the handle of a gun, and refused to have it hanging in her home.
Jay-Z tells the publication Beyonce sent it back and had it replaced with a similar Simmons piece, depicting a perfume bottle instead of a gun. Of his Simmons choice, he says, "It was more of a masculine style, I guess."
The rapper also reveals his Tribeca penthouse apartment features Andy Warhol's Rorschach-blot painting and a chalk one-off, called Boombastic, created by artist Gary Simmons.
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending
- Kevin Jonas and Wife Danielle Announce Sex of Their 2nd Baby. Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Calvin Harris Blames Paparazzo for Another Car Accident, but Then Apologizes
- Sia and Diplo Team Up for 'Waving Goodbye' From 'The Neon Demon'
- Farrah Abraham Slammed for Posting Photos of Her 7-Year-Old Daughter in Bikinis