Beyonce Not Happy With Jay-Z's Choice of Art
Beyonce Knowles once vetoed a piece of art her husband Jay-Z bought for their New York penthouse home - because she didn't like the suggestive and controversial image. The rapper tells Rolling Stone magazine his wife was not a fan of the Laurie Simmons piece, which depicted a pair of women's legs emerging from the handle of a gun, and refused to have it hanging in her home.
Jay-Z tells the publication Beyonce sent it back and had it replaced with a similar Simmons piece, depicting a perfume bottle instead of a gun. Of his Simmons choice, he says, "It was more of a masculine style, I guess."
The rapper also reveals his Tribeca penthouse apartment features Andy Warhol's Rorschach-blot painting and a chalk one-off, called Boombastic, created by artist Gary Simmons.
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival