Beyonce Not Happy With Jay-Z's Choice of Art
Beyonce Knowles once vetoed a piece of art her husband Jay-Z bought for their New York penthouse home - because she didn't like the suggestive and controversial image. The rapper tells Rolling Stone magazine his wife was not a fan of the Laurie Simmons piece, which depicted a pair of women's legs emerging from the handle of a gun, and refused to have it hanging in her home.
Jay-Z tells the publication Beyonce sent it back and had it replaced with a similar Simmons piece, depicting a perfume bottle instead of a gun. Of his Simmons choice, he says, "It was more of a masculine style, I guess."
The rapper also reveals his Tribeca penthouse apartment features Andy Warhol's Rorschach-blot painting and a chalk one-off, called Boombastic, created by artist Gary Simmons.
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Expecting 3rd Child
- Demi Lovato and Halsey Squash Feud Rumors With One Cute Selfie
- Watch Charli XCX's Adorable 'Boys' Video Starring Joe Jonas, Charlie Puth, Jay Park and More Hotties
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Firefighter Spin-Off Casts Jaina Lee Ortiz
- Ike Barinholtz Broke His Neck While Filming Movie Stunt
- Bella Hadid Flashes Nipples and Tummy in Skintight Crop Top
- Henry Cavill Addresses 'Justice League' 'Mustache Fiasco' With Hilarious Instagram Post
- Was '4:44' Album Title Inspired by Jay-Z and Solange's Elevator Fight?