Beyonce Not Happy With Jay-Z's Choice of Art
Beyonce Knowles once vetoed a piece of art her husband Jay-Z bought for their New York penthouse home - because she didn't like the suggestive and controversial image. The rapper tells Rolling Stone magazine his wife was not a fan of the Laurie Simmons piece, which depicted a pair of women's legs emerging from the handle of a gun, and refused to have it hanging in her home.
Jay-Z tells the publication Beyonce sent it back and had it replaced with a similar Simmons piece, depicting a perfume bottle instead of a gun. Of his Simmons choice, he says, "It was more of a masculine style, I guess."
The rapper also reveals his Tribeca penthouse apartment features Andy Warhol's Rorschach-blot painting and a chalk one-off, called Boombastic, created by artist Gary Simmons.
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala
- Your Favorite 'Game of Thrones' Stars Will Get More Screen Time in Season 7
- Kylie Jenner Reportedly Pregnant With Travis Scott's Baby
- Leonardo DiCaprio Mingles With Bella Hadid in Cannes, Sparks Romance Rumors
- See Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitating Christian Bale's Batman for Red Nose Day
- Zayn Malik Regrets His 'Fifty Shades' Duet With Taylor Swift