Beyonce Not Happy With Jay-Z's Choice of Art
Beyonce Knowles once vetoed a piece of art her husband Jay-Z bought for their New York penthouse home - because she didn't like the suggestive and controversial image. The rapper tells Rolling Stone magazine his wife was not a fan of the Laurie Simmons piece, which depicted a pair of women's legs emerging from the handle of a gun, and refused to have it hanging in her home.
Jay-Z tells the publication Beyonce sent it back and had it replaced with a similar Simmons piece, depicting a perfume bottle instead of a gun. Of his Simmons choice, he says, "It was more of a masculine style, I guess."
The rapper also reveals his Tribeca penthouse apartment features Andy Warhol's Rorschach-blot painting and a chalk one-off, called Boombastic, created by artist Gary Simmons.
More Beyonce Knowles News
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked