'Evita' Hires Ricky Martin as Che
Puerto Rican pop star Ricky Martin is returning to Broadway - to star in a revival of Tony Award-winning musical "Evita". The Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice production, which chronicles the life and loves of Argentina's former First Lady Eva Peron, is set for to return to Broadway, producers announced on Wednesday, June 9.
Martin has been cast in the role of Che, opposite Evita veteran, Argentine actress Elena Roger - who starred in the 2006 London stage production. Martin previously appeared on Broadway in "Les Miserables" in 1996.
The "Evita" revival, to be directed by Michael Grandage, is scheduled to open in spring 2012.
More Ricky Martin News
- Ciara Hits Recording Studio
- Jason Momoa's 'Aquaman' Gets New Release Date
- Report: David and Victoria Beckham Are Separating
- Justin Bieber Exposes His Upper Thighs During Outing
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Name Newborn Baby Boy Dimitri
- John Cena and Casey Affleck Tapped to Host 'SNL'
- Anna Faris Admits She Felt 'Insecure' and 'So Hurt' Over Chris Pratt Cheating Rumors
- Amy Schumer to Play Lead Role in 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie