'Evita' Hires Ricky Martin as Che
Puerto Rican pop star Ricky Martin is returning to Broadway - to star in a revival of Tony Award-winning musical "Evita". The Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice production, which chronicles the life and loves of Argentina's former First Lady Eva Peron, is set for to return to Broadway, producers announced on Wednesday, June 9.
Martin has been cast in the role of Che, opposite Evita veteran, Argentine actress Elena Roger - who starred in the 2006 London stage production. Martin previously appeared on Broadway in "Les Miserables" in 1996.
The "Evita" revival, to be directed by Michael Grandage, is scheduled to open in spring 2012.
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny