'Evita' Hires Ricky Martin as Che
Puerto Rican pop star Ricky Martin is returning to Broadway - to star in a revival of Tony Award-winning musical "Evita". The Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice production, which chronicles the life and loves of Argentina's former First Lady Eva Peron, is set for to return to Broadway, producers announced on Wednesday, June 9.
Martin has been cast in the role of Che, opposite Evita veteran, Argentine actress Elena Roger - who starred in the 2006 London stage production. Martin previously appeared on Broadway in "Les Miserables" in 1996.
The "Evita" revival, to be directed by Michael Grandage, is scheduled to open in spring 2012.
More Ricky Martin News
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?
- 'World War Z 2' Will Likely Reunite David Fincher and Brad Pitt
- Kourtney Kardashian's Looking for 'More Loyal Soulmate' as She's 'So Over' Scott Disick