'Evita' Hires Ricky Martin as Che
Puerto Rican pop star Ricky Martin is returning to Broadway - to star in a revival of Tony Award-winning musical "Evita". The Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice production, which chronicles the life and loves of Argentina's former First Lady Eva Peron, is set for to return to Broadway, producers announced on Wednesday, June 9.
Martin has been cast in the role of Che, opposite Evita veteran, Argentine actress Elena Roger - who starred in the 2006 London stage production. Martin previously appeared on Broadway in "Les Miserables" in 1996.
The "Evita" revival, to be directed by Michael Grandage, is scheduled to open in spring 2012.
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'