'Evita' Hires Ricky Martin as Che
Puerto Rican pop star Ricky Martin is returning to Broadway - to star in a revival of Tony Award-winning musical "Evita". The Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice production, which chronicles the life and loves of Argentina's former First Lady Eva Peron, is set for to return to Broadway, producers announced on Wednesday, June 9.
Martin has been cast in the role of Che, opposite Evita veteran, Argentine actress Elena Roger - who starred in the 2006 London stage production. Martin previously appeared on Broadway in "Les Miserables" in 1996.
The "Evita" revival, to be directed by Michael Grandage, is scheduled to open in spring 2012.
- Taylor Swift Won't Come to MTV VMAs 2016 as Kanye West Is Given Free Reign on Stage
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up