Avenged Sevenfold's Drummer Died Like Heath Ledger
Orange County officials in California have ruled Avenged Sevenfold's drummer Jimmy Sullivan died from an accidental overdose of prescription drugs. The rocker died on December 28, 2009.
Toxicology reports suggest Sullivan suffered "acute polydrug intoxication due to the combined effects of Oxycodone, Oxymorphone, Diazepam/Nordiazepam and ethanol." The ruling is similar to that linked to the death of actor Heath Ledger.
Orange County Deputy Coroner Mitchell Sigal tells RollingStone.com, Sullivan also had an enlarged heart, which was marked in the coroner's report as a "significant condition" that may have played a role in the drummer's death.
Avenged Sevenfold opted not to split after the tragedy and the group has hired Dream Theater's Mike Portnoy to temporarily replace Sullivan. Portnoy will tour with Avenged Sevenfold later this summer.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen