Avenged Sevenfold's Drummer Died Like Heath Ledger
Orange County officials in California have ruled Avenged Sevenfold's drummer Jimmy Sullivan died from an accidental overdose of prescription drugs. The rocker died on December 28, 2009.
Toxicology reports suggest Sullivan suffered "acute polydrug intoxication due to the combined effects of Oxycodone, Oxymorphone, Diazepam/Nordiazepam and ethanol." The ruling is similar to that linked to the death of actor Heath Ledger.
Orange County Deputy Coroner Mitchell Sigal tells RollingStone.com, Sullivan also had an enlarged heart, which was marked in the coroner's report as a "significant condition" that may have played a role in the drummer's death.
Avenged Sevenfold opted not to split after the tragedy and the group has hired Dream Theater's Mike Portnoy to temporarily replace Sullivan. Portnoy will tour with Avenged Sevenfold later this summer.
- Adele Doesn't Care About Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's Split, She Clarifies
- Video: Justin Bieber Gets Into a Fight in German Bar
- Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Share First Photo of Baby Dusty Rose
- Ryan Murphy Admits to 'Infighting' on 'Glee' Set and Cast Member Hookups
- Mariah Carey Wears No Underwear in Sheer White Dress During Romantic Getaway With Fiance
- Exes Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Trapped in Elevator for Four Hours. Was It Awkward?
- Mom Material? Katy Perry Bonds With Orlando Bloom's Son Flynn at Shanghai Disneyland
- Listen to 'Trolls' Soundtrack Featuring Justin Timberlake, Gwen Stefani and Ariana Grande