Avenged Sevenfold's Drummer Died Like Heath Ledger
Orange County officials in California have ruled Avenged Sevenfold's drummer Jimmy Sullivan died from an accidental overdose of prescription drugs. The rocker died on December 28, 2009.
Toxicology reports suggest Sullivan suffered "acute polydrug intoxication due to the combined effects of Oxycodone, Oxymorphone, Diazepam/Nordiazepam and ethanol." The ruling is similar to that linked to the death of actor Heath Ledger.
Orange County Deputy Coroner Mitchell Sigal tells RollingStone.com, Sullivan also had an enlarged heart, which was marked in the coroner's report as a "significant condition" that may have played a role in the drummer's death.
Avenged Sevenfold opted not to split after the tragedy and the group has hired Dream Theater's Mike Portnoy to temporarily replace Sullivan. Portnoy will tour with Avenged Sevenfold later this summer.
- Chris Brown Reacts to Accusations That He Pulled Gun on Woman
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Announces Full Cast and Pairings for Season 23
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does