Simon Cowell Facing Legal Issue for Alleged Discrimination
Music mogul Simon Cowell is facing legal action from a disgruntled contestant on his hit reality show "Britain's Got Talent", amid allegations she was discriminated against because she suffers from a spine condition. Emma Czikai, a sufferer of cervical spine neuritis, auditioned for Cowell and his panel of TV judges last year but failed to make it through to the first round with her rendition of "You Raise Me Up".
Show producers invited her to appear on the U.K. spin-off programme "Britain's Got More Talent", which features clips of funny and unusual acts, and Czikai agreed - on the condition that they made it clear she suffered from an illness. However, Czikai claims producers failed to make it clear when the show aired, making her look like a "fool" and prompting her to file an official complaint with U.K. employment tribunal officials.
Executives at Cowell's production company, Syco, and Freemantle Media have also been named in the complaint. A pre-hearing review is due to take place in July.
- Jaden and Willow Smith Want to Retire in 10 Years
- Nick Young Wants Chris Brown Out of Their Neighborhood: 'You're Making the Block Hot'
- New 'Jumanji' Film Adds Karen Gillan in Major Role
- Black Eyed Peas Remakes 'Where Is the Love' With Usher, Jaden Smith and More for Charity
- Emma Roberts Goes Topless for Mario Testino's Towel Series Shot
- Hot Mama! Bar Refaeli Flaunts Her Bikini Body Just Three Weeks After Giving Birth
- ABC Reveals Nick Viall as the Next Bachelor and Spoils the Result of His 'Paradise' Stint
- New 'Doctor Strange' Featurette Offers New Details About Ancient One, Mordo and Kaecilius