Simon Cowell Facing Legal Issue for Alleged Discrimination
Music mogul Simon Cowell is facing legal action from a disgruntled contestant on his hit reality show "Britain's Got Talent", amid allegations she was discriminated against because she suffers from a spine condition. Emma Czikai, a sufferer of cervical spine neuritis, auditioned for Cowell and his panel of TV judges last year but failed to make it through to the first round with her rendition of "You Raise Me Up".
Show producers invited her to appear on the U.K. spin-off programme "Britain's Got More Talent", which features clips of funny and unusual acts, and Czikai agreed - on the condition that they made it clear she suffered from an illness. However, Czikai claims producers failed to make it clear when the show aired, making her look like a "fool" and prompting her to file an official complaint with U.K. employment tribunal officials.
Executives at Cowell's production company, Syco, and Freemantle Media have also been named in the complaint. A pre-hearing review is due to take place in July.
More Simon Cowell News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story