Simon Cowell Facing Legal Issue for Alleged Discrimination
Music mogul Simon Cowell is facing legal action from a disgruntled contestant on his hit reality show "Britain's Got Talent", amid allegations she was discriminated against because she suffers from a spine condition. Emma Czikai, a sufferer of cervical spine neuritis, auditioned for Cowell and his panel of TV judges last year but failed to make it through to the first round with her rendition of "You Raise Me Up".
Show producers invited her to appear on the U.K. spin-off programme "Britain's Got More Talent", which features clips of funny and unusual acts, and Czikai agreed - on the condition that they made it clear she suffered from an illness. However, Czikai claims producers failed to make it clear when the show aired, making her look like a "fool" and prompting her to file an official complaint with U.K. employment tribunal officials.
Executives at Cowell's production company, Syco, and Freemantle Media have also been named in the complaint. A pre-hearing review is due to take place in July.
More Simon Cowell News
- Taylor Swift Who? Calvin Harris Gets Flirty With Mystery Brunette While Partying in Cabo
- Apple in Talks to Buy Jay-Z's Tidal
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash