Simon Cowell Facing Legal Issue for Alleged Discrimination
Music mogul Simon Cowell is facing legal action from a disgruntled contestant on his hit reality show "Britain's Got Talent", amid allegations she was discriminated against because she suffers from a spine condition. Emma Czikai, a sufferer of cervical spine neuritis, auditioned for Cowell and his panel of TV judges last year but failed to make it through to the first round with her rendition of "You Raise Me Up".
Show producers invited her to appear on the U.K. spin-off programme "Britain's Got More Talent", which features clips of funny and unusual acts, and Czikai agreed - on the condition that they made it clear she suffered from an illness. However, Czikai claims producers failed to make it clear when the show aired, making her look like a "fool" and prompting her to file an official complaint with U.K. employment tribunal officials.
Executives at Cowell's production company, Syco, and Freemantle Media have also been named in the complaint. A pre-hearing review is due to take place in July.
- 'The Purge' Heading to TV as 'Interwoven Anthology'
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie