Rage Against the Machine's Zack de la Rocha 'Mildly Entertained' by 'The X Factor'
Rage Against the Machine frontman Zack de la Rocha has made a stunning confession - he watches "The X Factor" and finds it "mildly entertaining". The rap-rock group was at the forefront of a huge backlash against Simon Cowell's hit TV talent show last year when their 1992 anthem "Killing in the Name" snatched Britain's coveted Christmas number one spot from series winner Joe McElderry.
They staged a free gig in London on Sunday, June 6 to thank fans for their support, and the chart success has left them at the forefront of the growing campaign against reality TV shows. But de la Rocha has shockingly confessed he enjoys tuning in to both "The X Factor" and "American Idol" - and has even insisted his hostility is not directed at Cowell.
He tells Britain's NME magazine, "I'd be lying to say I don't watch the show. It can be mildly entertaining, but for the most part The X Factor is to modern music what McDonald's is to food: you take a few bites of your Big Mac and it tastes good and after the sixth one it tastes like s**t and you feel awful and you wanna go and do some exercise."
"To me that's what The X Factor is - it's cheap, indigestible and flies in the face of what is interesting about culture... In the U.K. it seems there aren't as many choices when it comes to the mainstream. It's not about Simon Cowell, but it's about what he represents."
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal