Outkast's Reunion Blocked by Jive
Jive Records bosses are blocking an Outkast reunion on Big Boi's new album - because they won't free up Andre Benjamin to record with his old pal. Big Boi jumped labels to Def Jam after Jive executives told him they were stumped on how to promote his new album, "Sir Luscious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty".
He says, "Jive Records told me my album is a piece of art, and they didn't know what to do with it." But the move wasn't a popular one and now Jive bosses are trying to stop the Outkast bandmates from recording together. Big Boi tells GQ, "Jive is trying to block Dre from being on my record. We can't be on songs together now."
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour