Outkast's Reunion Blocked by Jive
Jive Records bosses are blocking an Outkast reunion on Big Boi's new album - because they won't free up Andre Benjamin to record with his old pal. Big Boi jumped labels to Def Jam after Jive executives told him they were stumped on how to promote his new album, "Sir Luscious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty".
He says, "Jive Records told me my album is a piece of art, and they didn't know what to do with it." But the move wasn't a popular one and now Jive bosses are trying to stop the Outkast bandmates from recording together. Big Boi tells GQ, "Jive is trying to block Dre from being on my record. We can't be on songs together now."
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered