Hugh Grant Treats Oxford Students With Nightclub Tickets
Hugh Grant thrilled students at Britain's prestigious Oxford University at the weekend after joining them in the campus bar and offering to buy a round of drinks. The "Notting Hill" star was invited to his alma mater for a formal dinner but he later let loose by venturing over to the college bar, where undergraduates were celebrating after finishing their exams.
Grant, who attended Oxford in the 1970s, handed his credit card to bar staff to buy drinks for the crowd - only to be informed they only accepted cash. The actor instead purchased a stack of tickets to a nearby nightclub and gave them out to revelers. He was later spotted showing off his billiard skills on the pool table.
A student tells the university's Cherwell newspaper, "After dinner, he headed off with staff for a private drink but he got bored and left. That's when he came down to the bar. He was loving it."
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion