Simon Cowell Saddened by Little Girl's Death
Simon Cowell has paid tribute to a five-year-old cancer patient who died just three days after she fulfilled her dream of singing for the music mogul. Bethany Fenton, who was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumour last year, was thrilled after meeting Cowell on Saturday, June 5 and performing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" for him.
The little girl's condition later deteriorated and she died on Tuesday, June 8 at Helen House hospice in Oxford, England. And Cowell, who met Fenton in his dressing room ahead of the final of his U.K. TV contest "Britain's Got Talent", insists he is "so sad" following her untimely death.
He says, "Bethany was a beautiful girl and very special. It's very sad and my heart goes out to her whole family. I am thinking of them and so sad for them."
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support