Simon Cowell Saddened by Little Girl's Death
Simon Cowell has paid tribute to a five-year-old cancer patient who died just three days after she fulfilled her dream of singing for the music mogul. Bethany Fenton, who was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumour last year, was thrilled after meeting Cowell on Saturday, June 5 and performing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" for him.
The little girl's condition later deteriorated and she died on Tuesday, June 8 at Helen House hospice in Oxford, England. And Cowell, who met Fenton in his dressing room ahead of the final of his U.K. TV contest "Britain's Got Talent", insists he is "so sad" following her untimely death.
He says, "Bethany was a beautiful girl and very special. It's very sad and my heart goes out to her whole family. I am thinking of them and so sad for them."
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7