Simon Cowell Saddened by Little Girl's Death
Simon Cowell has paid tribute to a five-year-old cancer patient who died just three days after she fulfilled her dream of singing for the music mogul. Bethany Fenton, who was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumour last year, was thrilled after meeting Cowell on Saturday, June 5 and performing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" for him.
The little girl's condition later deteriorated and she died on Tuesday, June 8 at Helen House hospice in Oxford, England. And Cowell, who met Fenton in his dressing room ahead of the final of his U.K. TV contest "Britain's Got Talent", insists he is "so sad" following her untimely death.
He says, "Bethany was a beautiful girl and very special. It's very sad and my heart goes out to her whole family. I am thinking of them and so sad for them."
More Simon Cowell News
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'