Simon Cowell Saddened by Little Girl's Death
Simon Cowell has paid tribute to a five-year-old cancer patient who died just three days after she fulfilled her dream of singing for the music mogul. Bethany Fenton, who was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumour last year, was thrilled after meeting Cowell on Saturday, June 5 and performing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" for him.
The little girl's condition later deteriorated and she died on Tuesday, June 8 at Helen House hospice in Oxford, England. And Cowell, who met Fenton in his dressing room ahead of the final of his U.K. TV contest "Britain's Got Talent", insists he is "so sad" following her untimely death.
He says, "Bethany was a beautiful girl and very special. It's very sad and my heart goes out to her whole family. I am thinking of them and so sad for them."
More Simon Cowell News
- Comic-Con: Netflix Renews 'Iron Fist for' Season 2
- Bella Thorne Hilariously 'Recreates' Fake Masturbating Video
- Linkin Park Cancels Tour in the Wake of Chester Bennington's Tragic Death
- G-Dragon Promises Big Bang Will Reunite as 5 Members
- Jay Park Signs With Roc Nation
- Justin Bieber Banned From China Over His 'Bad Behavior'
- Kim Kardashian Is 'Furious' After Video of Her Partying Hard Exposed
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Tasha McCauley Welcome Second Child