Cheryl Cole Picks Up Top Honor at Glamour Women of the Year Awards
British singer Cheryl Cole is celebrating after picking up the top honor at the Glamour Women of the Year Awards in London on Tuesday, June 8. The Girls Aloud star, who launched a solo pop career in 2009, was presented with the Woman of the Year prize, voted for by readers of the magazine's British edition.
Rockers Florence and the Machine took Band of the Year honors at the prize giving, while Lily Allen received the Solo Artist of the Year award. Australian pop star-turned-TV host Dannii Minogue was named TV Personality of the Year for her judging panel role on Simon Cowell's talent show "The X Factor" and pregnant director Sam Taylor-Wood landed the Filmmaker of the Year title, while her fiance, Aaron Johnson, was celebrated as Man of the Year.
John Lennon's widow Yoko Ono walked away with the Outstanding Contribution accolade. Hollywood was represented in the form of "Avatar"'s Zoe Saldana, who won Film Actress of the Year, while "Glee" star Lea Michele snagged the TV Actress of the Year honor and Nicole Richie was dubbed Entrepreneur of the Year.
- Tom Brady on His Friendship With Donald Trump: Why Is It Such a Big Deal?
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' Recap: Technical Difficulty Causes More Termination
- 'Saturday Night Live' Writer Is Suspended for Mocking Barron Trump on Twitter
- Soulja Boy Charged on Suspicion of Illegally Possessing Firearms
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Tension Between Corinne and Other Girls Is About to Get Physical
- 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' Gets Official Title, Mark Hamill Reacts
- Michelle Williams Reveals She Was 'Inconsolable' After Leaving Shared Home With Heath Ledger
- Mel Gibson Welcomes Baby No. 9 - Is It a Boy or a Girl?