Cheryl Cole Picks Up Top Honor at Glamour Women of the Year Awards
British singer Cheryl Cole is celebrating after picking up the top honor at the Glamour Women of the Year Awards in London on Tuesday, June 8. The Girls Aloud star, who launched a solo pop career in 2009, was presented with the Woman of the Year prize, voted for by readers of the magazine's British edition.
Rockers Florence and the Machine took Band of the Year honors at the prize giving, while Lily Allen received the Solo Artist of the Year award. Australian pop star-turned-TV host Dannii Minogue was named TV Personality of the Year for her judging panel role on Simon Cowell's talent show "The X Factor" and pregnant director Sam Taylor-Wood landed the Filmmaker of the Year title, while her fiance, Aaron Johnson, was celebrated as Man of the Year.
John Lennon's widow Yoko Ono walked away with the Outstanding Contribution accolade. Hollywood was represented in the form of "Avatar"'s Zoe Saldana, who won Film Actress of the Year, while "Glee" star Lea Michele snagged the TV Actress of the Year honor and Nicole Richie was dubbed Entrepreneur of the Year.
More Cheryl Cole News
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Livid at Kris Jenner, Says She Barely Gets Money From 'KUWTK'
- Paranoid Travis Scott Fears Kylie Jenner Is Just Using Him to Get Revenge on Tyga
- Park Bom Flaunts Backside in Skimpy Swimsuit
- Watch Fall Out Boy's Bizarre Clip for 'Young and Menace'
- Barack Obama Disses Donald Trump's Tweeting Habit