Cheryl Cole Picks Up Top Honor at Glamour Women of the Year Awards
British singer Cheryl Cole is celebrating after picking up the top honor at the Glamour Women of the Year Awards in London on Tuesday, June 8. The Girls Aloud star, who launched a solo pop career in 2009, was presented with the Woman of the Year prize, voted for by readers of the magazine's British edition.
Rockers Florence and the Machine took Band of the Year honors at the prize giving, while Lily Allen received the Solo Artist of the Year award. Australian pop star-turned-TV host Dannii Minogue was named TV Personality of the Year for her judging panel role on Simon Cowell's talent show "The X Factor" and pregnant director Sam Taylor-Wood landed the Filmmaker of the Year title, while her fiance, Aaron Johnson, was celebrated as Man of the Year.
John Lennon's widow Yoko Ono walked away with the Outstanding Contribution accolade. Hollywood was represented in the form of "Avatar"'s Zoe Saldana, who won Film Actress of the Year, while "Glee" star Lea Michele snagged the TV Actress of the Year honor and Nicole Richie was dubbed Entrepreneur of the Year.
- The Weeknd Shares Snippet of His Cashmere Cat Collaboration 'Wild Love'
- Britney Spears Biopic Coming on Lifetime. Find Out Who Plays the Pop Star
- Get New Details of Kristen Stewart and Alicia Cargile's Upcoming Nuptials
- Britney Spears on Performing at 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show: 'I Would' Do That Again!
- Amanda Bynes Returns to Twitter, Updates Fans About Her School Life
- Courteney Cox Regrets Having Plastic Surgery
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!