Cheryl Cole Picks Up Top Honor at Glamour Women of the Year Awards
British singer Cheryl Cole is celebrating after picking up the top honor at the Glamour Women of the Year Awards in London on Tuesday, June 8. The Girls Aloud star, who launched a solo pop career in 2009, was presented with the Woman of the Year prize, voted for by readers of the magazine's British edition.
Rockers Florence and the Machine took Band of the Year honors at the prize giving, while Lily Allen received the Solo Artist of the Year award. Australian pop star-turned-TV host Dannii Minogue was named TV Personality of the Year for her judging panel role on Simon Cowell's talent show "The X Factor" and pregnant director Sam Taylor-Wood landed the Filmmaker of the Year title, while her fiance, Aaron Johnson, was celebrated as Man of the Year.
John Lennon's widow Yoko Ono walked away with the Outstanding Contribution accolade. Hollywood was represented in the form of "Avatar"'s Zoe Saldana, who won Film Actress of the Year, while "Glee" star Lea Michele snagged the TV Actress of the Year honor and Nicole Richie was dubbed Entrepreneur of the Year.
More Cheryl Cole News
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant