Baseball Star Russell Martin Offers Medical Supports After His Ball Hit a Girl
Baseball superstar Russell Martin has offered to pay for a little girl's medical bills after a ball he whacked during practice on Monday, June 7 hit her and left her with a fractured skull. The unnamed three year old underwent surgery on Tuesday, June 8 after the stray ball knocked her out at Dodger Stadium.
Martin, a Los Angeles Dodgers teammate of Rihanna's boyfriend Matt Kemp, hit a line drive into the stands near third base, hitting the girl in the head. Dodgers representatives tell the Los Angeles Times that Martin was shaken up as he watched the girl's father carry her unresponsive to a first aid station.
A Fire Department vehicle then took the three year old to Children's Hospital Los Angeles. Martin tells MLB, "As soon as it hit, I heard the sound, I knew it wasn't a good sound. And then I saw him grab her, it didn't look like she was moving, so that was scary. I've hit somebody before, but not where they had to be rushed to the hospital."
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'
- Wishes Turn Into Nightmares in 'Wish Upon' New Trailer
- Sade Convinces Drake Not to Diss Kendrick Lamar Over a Track
- Selena Gomez Cheers on The Weeknd at Brazilian Concert
- 'Power Rangers' Future Installment May Feature Female Green Ranger
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle