Baseball Star Russell Martin Offers Medical Supports After His Ball Hit a Girl
Baseball superstar Russell Martin has offered to pay for a little girl's medical bills after a ball he whacked during practice on Monday, June 7 hit her and left her with a fractured skull. The unnamed three year old underwent surgery on Tuesday, June 8 after the stray ball knocked her out at Dodger Stadium.
Martin, a Los Angeles Dodgers teammate of Rihanna's boyfriend Matt Kemp, hit a line drive into the stands near third base, hitting the girl in the head. Dodgers representatives tell the Los Angeles Times that Martin was shaken up as he watched the girl's father carry her unresponsive to a first aid station.
A Fire Department vehicle then took the three year old to Children's Hospital Los Angeles. Martin tells MLB, "As soon as it hit, I heard the sound, I knew it wasn't a good sound. And then I saw him grab her, it didn't look like she was moving, so that was scary. I've hit somebody before, but not where they had to be rushed to the hospital."
- Kim Kardashian Planning to Use Her Toned-Down Image to Make Herself Richer
- Taran Killam Is the New King George of 'Hamilton' in New Instagram Photo
- Katherine Heigl and Josh Kelley Welcome Baby Boy - Find Out His Name
- Katie Holmes and Suri Cruise Have Mother-Daughter Date at Lakers Game
- Justin Bieber on Selena Gomez's Romance With The Weeknd: It's Only for Promotion
- Chris Brown and Rihanna May Start Hooking Up Again After Spotted Hanging Out Together
- Chris Pratt Shares Great Chemistry With Anna Faris in 'Mom' Sneak Peek
- Amber Rose Left Blushing After Beau Val Chmerkovkiy Kisses Her at NY Knicks Game