Baseball Star Russell Martin Offers Medical Supports After His Ball Hit a Girl
Baseball superstar Russell Martin has offered to pay for a little girl's medical bills after a ball he whacked during practice on Monday, June 7 hit her and left her with a fractured skull. The unnamed three year old underwent surgery on Tuesday, June 8 after the stray ball knocked her out at Dodger Stadium.
Martin, a Los Angeles Dodgers teammate of Rihanna's boyfriend Matt Kemp, hit a line drive into the stands near third base, hitting the girl in the head. Dodgers representatives tell the Los Angeles Times that Martin was shaken up as he watched the girl's father carry her unresponsive to a first aid station.
A Fire Department vehicle then took the three year old to Children's Hospital Los Angeles. Martin tells MLB, "As soon as it hit, I heard the sound, I knew it wasn't a good sound. And then I saw him grab her, it didn't look like she was moving, so that was scary. I've hit somebody before, but not where they had to be rushed to the hospital."
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
- Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
- Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'
- Britney Spears Sucks Helium and Hilariously Sings a Taylor Swift Hit
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune