Baseball Star Russell Martin Offers Medical Supports After His Ball Hit a Girl
Baseball superstar Russell Martin has offered to pay for a little girl's medical bills after a ball he whacked during practice on Monday, June 7 hit her and left her with a fractured skull. The unnamed three year old underwent surgery on Tuesday, June 8 after the stray ball knocked her out at Dodger Stadium.
Martin, a Los Angeles Dodgers teammate of Rihanna's boyfriend Matt Kemp, hit a line drive into the stands near third base, hitting the girl in the head. Dodgers representatives tell the Los Angeles Times that Martin was shaken up as he watched the girl's father carry her unresponsive to a first aid station.
A Fire Department vehicle then took the three year old to Children's Hospital Los Angeles. Martin tells MLB, "As soon as it hit, I heard the sound, I knew it wasn't a good sound. And then I saw him grab her, it didn't look like she was moving, so that was scary. I've hit somebody before, but not where they had to be rushed to the hospital."
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences