Baseball Star Russell Martin Offers Medical Supports After His Ball Hit a Girl
Baseball superstar Russell Martin has offered to pay for a little girl's medical bills after a ball he whacked during practice on Monday, June 7 hit her and left her with a fractured skull. The unnamed three year old underwent surgery on Tuesday, June 8 after the stray ball knocked her out at Dodger Stadium.
Martin, a Los Angeles Dodgers teammate of Rihanna's boyfriend Matt Kemp, hit a line drive into the stands near third base, hitting the girl in the head. Dodgers representatives tell the Los Angeles Times that Martin was shaken up as he watched the girl's father carry her unresponsive to a first aid station.
A Fire Department vehicle then took the three year old to Children's Hospital Los Angeles. Martin tells MLB, "As soon as it hit, I heard the sound, I knew it wasn't a good sound. And then I saw him grab her, it didn't look like she was moving, so that was scary. I've hit somebody before, but not where they had to be rushed to the hospital."
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media