Jennifer Damiano Replaces Evan Rachel Wood in 'Spider-Man' Musical
Tony Award nominee Jennifer Damiano will replace Evan Rachel Wood as Spider-Man's leading lady in the stage musical "Turn off the Dark", according to new reports. Wood pulled out of the delayed production in May, citing a scheduling conflict, and now Next To Normal star Damiano will star opposite newcomer Reeve Carney in the ambitious Julie Taymor show.
"Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark", which features a score created by U2 bandmates The Edge and Bono, is set to open at the Hilton Theatre in New York at the end of 2010. Damiano is already a Broadway veteran - she made her debut there in the original cast of Spring Awakening, when she was just 15.
"Turn Off the Dark" was scheduled to begin previews in February, but financial and production troubles delayed the opening.
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny