Jennifer Damiano Replaces Evan Rachel Wood in 'Spider-Man' Musical
Tony Award nominee Jennifer Damiano will replace Evan Rachel Wood as Spider-Man's leading lady in the stage musical "Turn off the Dark", according to new reports. Wood pulled out of the delayed production in May, citing a scheduling conflict, and now Next To Normal star Damiano will star opposite newcomer Reeve Carney in the ambitious Julie Taymor show.
"Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark", which features a score created by U2 bandmates The Edge and Bono, is set to open at the Hilton Theatre in New York at the end of 2010. Damiano is already a Broadway veteran - she made her debut there in the original cast of Spring Awakening, when she was just 15.
"Turn Off the Dark" was scheduled to begin previews in February, but financial and production troubles delayed the opening.
More Evan Rachel Wood News
- New 'Marvel's The Defenders' Trailer Includes First Look at 'The Punisher'
- Kanye West Plans to Respond to Jay-Z's Diss on '4:44' on New Album
- Jigsaw Is Back to Claim New Victims in Gruesome First Trailer
- 'The Affair': Ruth Wilson's Body Double Sues Showtime After Fired for Reporting Sexual Harassment
- Tyga Says He Warned Rob Kardashian About Blac Chyna's Game
- Lily Collins Locks Lips With High School Classmate During Romantic Italy Vacation
- 'Game of Thrones' Creators Defend 'Confederate' After Backlash Over Slavery Theme
- Kim Kardashian Is Basically Topless in Her Ripped Netted Outfit