Jennifer Damiano Replaces Evan Rachel Wood in 'Spider-Man' Musical
Tony Award nominee Jennifer Damiano will replace Evan Rachel Wood as Spider-Man's leading lady in the stage musical "Turn off the Dark", according to new reports. Wood pulled out of the delayed production in May, citing a scheduling conflict, and now Next To Normal star Damiano will star opposite newcomer Reeve Carney in the ambitious Julie Taymor show.
"Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark", which features a score created by U2 bandmates The Edge and Bono, is set to open at the Hilton Theatre in New York at the end of 2010. Damiano is already a Broadway veteran - she made her debut there in the original cast of Spring Awakening, when she was just 15.
"Turn Off the Dark" was scheduled to begin previews in February, but financial and production troubles delayed the opening.
More Evan Rachel Wood News
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'