Jennifer Damiano Replaces Evan Rachel Wood in 'Spider-Man' Musical
Tony Award nominee Jennifer Damiano will replace Evan Rachel Wood as Spider-Man's leading lady in the stage musical "Turn off the Dark", according to new reports. Wood pulled out of the delayed production in May, citing a scheduling conflict, and now Next To Normal star Damiano will star opposite newcomer Reeve Carney in the ambitious Julie Taymor show.
"Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark", which features a score created by U2 bandmates The Edge and Bono, is set to open at the Hilton Theatre in New York at the end of 2010. Damiano is already a Broadway veteran - she made her debut there in the original cast of Spring Awakening, when she was just 15.
"Turn Off the Dark" was scheduled to begin previews in February, but financial and production troubles delayed the opening.
More Evan Rachel Wood News
- Hilary Duff Posts Steamy Throwback Pic With Beau Matthew Koma
- Lady GaGa Is Obsessed With Barbra Streisand
- 'Katrina: American Crime Story' Taps Matthew Broderick to Play Michael D. Brown
- Lauren Graham and Dylan McDermott to Lead FOX's New Comedy Pilots
- Kanye West to Launch Makeup for Men
- Emma Watson Shines Like a Princess at 'Beauty and the Beast' Premiere in London
- Listen to Zedd and Alessia Cara's New Single 'Stay'
- Oops! Gigi Hadid Stumbles During Moschino Show at Milan Fashion Week