Jennifer Damiano Replaces Evan Rachel Wood in 'Spider-Man' Musical
Tony Award nominee Jennifer Damiano will replace Evan Rachel Wood as Spider-Man's leading lady in the stage musical "Turn off the Dark", according to new reports. Wood pulled out of the delayed production in May, citing a scheduling conflict, and now Next To Normal star Damiano will star opposite newcomer Reeve Carney in the ambitious Julie Taymor show.
"Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark", which features a score created by U2 bandmates The Edge and Bono, is set to open at the Hilton Theatre in New York at the end of 2010. Damiano is already a Broadway veteran - she made her debut there in the original cast of Spring Awakening, when she was just 15.
"Turn Off the Dark" was scheduled to begin previews in February, but financial and production troubles delayed the opening.
- Comic-Con: 'Sherlock' Season 4 Trailer Teases the Demons Within, Star Says It's the Darkest Season
- Moving on? Iggy Azalea Spotted Cozying Up to French Montana at Las Vegas Club
- Lil Wayne Abruptly Walks Off Stage at Marijuana Festival After Just 10 Minutes
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video