Janelle Monae to Receive ASCAP Honor
Singer/songwriter Janelle Monae is to become the latest star honored by the American Society of Composers, Authors and Publisher when she lands the Vanguard Award at the upcoming Rhythm & Soul Music Awards.
Monae, 24, will be feted at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Los Angeles on June 25. The ASCAP Vanguard Award recognizes the impact of musical genres that help shape the future of American music. Past honorees include The Killers, Santigold, Sara Bareilles, The All-American Rejects, The Strokes, and the Beastie Boys.
Hip-hop legend Dr. Dre will also be honored at the event - he'll be presented with the ASCAP Founders Award.
More Janelle Monae News
- Kylie Jenner Launches Kyshadow Collection
- Rob Kardashian Fights With Blac Chyna, Deletes All Signs of Her on Instagram
- Four New Christina Grimmie Music Videos Will Be Released in August
- Justin Timberlake's Fan Arrested After Slapping the Singer at Golf Tournament
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures