Janelle Monae to Receive ASCAP Honor
Singer/songwriter Janelle Monae is to become the latest star honored by the American Society of Composers, Authors and Publisher when she lands the Vanguard Award at the upcoming Rhythm & Soul Music Awards.
Monae, 24, will be feted at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Los Angeles on June 25. The ASCAP Vanguard Award recognizes the impact of musical genres that help shape the future of American music. Past honorees include The Killers, Santigold, Sara Bareilles, The All-American Rejects, The Strokes, and the Beastie Boys.
Hip-hop legend Dr. Dre will also be honored at the event - he'll be presented with the ASCAP Founders Award.
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna