Janelle Monae to Receive ASCAP Honor
Singer/songwriter Janelle Monae is to become the latest star honored by the American Society of Composers, Authors and Publisher when she lands the Vanguard Award at the upcoming Rhythm & Soul Music Awards.
Monae, 24, will be feted at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Los Angeles on June 25. The ASCAP Vanguard Award recognizes the impact of musical genres that help shape the future of American music. Past honorees include The Killers, Santigold, Sara Bareilles, The All-American Rejects, The Strokes, and the Beastie Boys.
Hip-hop legend Dr. Dre will also be honored at the event - he'll be presented with the ASCAP Founders Award.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked