Janelle Monae to Receive ASCAP Honor
Singer/songwriter Janelle Monae is to become the latest star honored by the American Society of Composers, Authors and Publisher when she lands the Vanguard Award at the upcoming Rhythm & Soul Music Awards.
Monae, 24, will be feted at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Los Angeles on June 25. The ASCAP Vanguard Award recognizes the impact of musical genres that help shape the future of American music. Past honorees include The Killers, Santigold, Sara Bareilles, The All-American Rejects, The Strokes, and the Beastie Boys.
Hip-hop legend Dr. Dre will also be honored at the event - he'll be presented with the ASCAP Founders Award.
More Janelle Monae News
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed