Jamie Cullum, Dizzee Rascal and Sharleen Spiteri to Judge New Talent Show
British music stars Jamie Cullum, Dizzee Rascal and Sharleen Spiteri are the latest celebrities to embrace talent show TV - the trio will judge a new U.K. singing competition. Jazz-pop crooner Cullum will join the panel of upcoming series "Must Be the Music" for U.K. channel Sky1, alongside the Bonkers rapper and the Texas singer.
The judges will be looking to find Britain's next big musical talent - auditions begin later this month and are open to performers of any age, as well as groups, choirs and bands. Cullum says, "I know that some people may feel that their unique approach to music doesn't normally have a voice, but they are exactly who we are looking for - genuine talent in whatever form it takes."
Spiteri adds, "Regardless of our differing music genres, ultimately we all have the same goal and that's to encourage unsigned and undiscovered talent to perform to the best of their abilities and give them the opportunity to succeed in something they are truly passionate about."
The series will air in the U.K. in August and the winner will be handed a $150,000 prize to help kick-start their music career.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy