Jamie Cullum, Dizzee Rascal and Sharleen Spiteri to Judge New Talent Show
British music stars Jamie Cullum, Dizzee Rascal and Sharleen Spiteri are the latest celebrities to embrace talent show TV - the trio will judge a new U.K. singing competition. Jazz-pop crooner Cullum will join the panel of upcoming series "Must Be the Music" for U.K. channel Sky1, alongside the Bonkers rapper and the Texas singer.
The judges will be looking to find Britain's next big musical talent - auditions begin later this month and are open to performers of any age, as well as groups, choirs and bands. Cullum says, "I know that some people may feel that their unique approach to music doesn't normally have a voice, but they are exactly who we are looking for - genuine talent in whatever form it takes."
Spiteri adds, "Regardless of our differing music genres, ultimately we all have the same goal and that's to encourage unsigned and undiscovered talent to perform to the best of their abilities and give them the opportunity to succeed in something they are truly passionate about."
The series will air in the U.K. in August and the winner will be handed a $150,000 prize to help kick-start their music career.
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?