Elizabeth Taylor's Silver Painting by Warhol Auctioned
A rare portrait of screen icon Dame Elizabeth Taylor by Andy Warhol is expected to fetch up to $12 million when it goes up for auction later this month. The artwork, titled Silver Liz, was painted in 1963 and has been kept hidden away in a private collection for the last 20 years.
But the masterpiece has now gone on display at Christie's auction house in London and it will be sold off on June 30 as part of the Post-War and Contemporary Art Evening Auction.
Warhol, who died in 1987 after a routine gallbladder surgery, has painted other famous names such as Liza Minnelli, Judy Garland, Elvis Presley, Troy Donahue, Muhammad Ali and Marilyn Monroe among others. He has also painted for iconic brands like Campbell's soup and Coca Cola.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story