Elizabeth Taylor's Silver Painting by Warhol Auctioned
A rare portrait of screen icon Dame Elizabeth Taylor by Andy Warhol is expected to fetch up to $12 million when it goes up for auction later this month. The artwork, titled Silver Liz, was painted in 1963 and has been kept hidden away in a private collection for the last 20 years.
But the masterpiece has now gone on display at Christie's auction house in London and it will be sold off on June 30 as part of the Post-War and Contemporary Art Evening Auction.
Warhol, who died in 1987 after a routine gallbladder surgery, has painted other famous names such as Liza Minnelli, Judy Garland, Elvis Presley, Troy Donahue, Muhammad Ali and Marilyn Monroe among others. He has also painted for iconic brands like Campbell's soup and Coca Cola.
- Ben Affleck Steps Out for First Time Since Filing for Divorce From Jennifer Garner
- Amber Heard and Elon Musk Have Been a Couple for 'a While,' and He 'Is Very Attentive' to Her
- Here's Why Chris Pratt Refuses to Take Selfies With Fans
- Faye Dunaway Feels 'Very Guilty' About Oscar Flub
- Lil Wayne Ends Idaho Show After Fan Throws Drink at Him - Watch the Footage
- Hailey Baldwin Risks Nip Slip as She Goes Braless on Instagram
- Aaron Hernandez's Male Prison Lover Is Allegedly Revealed, Lawyer Denies Gay Rumor
- Colin Firth Returns in Awesome First Trailer for 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle'