Elizabeth Taylor's Silver Painting by Warhol Auctioned
A rare portrait of screen icon Dame Elizabeth Taylor by Andy Warhol is expected to fetch up to $12 million when it goes up for auction later this month. The artwork, titled Silver Liz, was painted in 1963 and has been kept hidden away in a private collection for the last 20 years.
But the masterpiece has now gone on display at Christie's auction house in London and it will be sold off on June 30 as part of the Post-War and Contemporary Art Evening Auction.
Warhol, who died in 1987 after a routine gallbladder surgery, has painted other famous names such as Liza Minnelli, Judy Garland, Elvis Presley, Troy Donahue, Muhammad Ali and Marilyn Monroe among others. He has also painted for iconic brands like Campbell's soup and Coca Cola.
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!