Elizabeth Taylor's Silver Painting by Warhol Auctioned
A rare portrait of screen icon Dame Elizabeth Taylor by Andy Warhol is expected to fetch up to $12 million when it goes up for auction later this month. The artwork, titled Silver Liz, was painted in 1963 and has been kept hidden away in a private collection for the last 20 years.
But the masterpiece has now gone on display at Christie's auction house in London and it will be sold off on June 30 as part of the Post-War and Contemporary Art Evening Auction.
Warhol, who died in 1987 after a routine gallbladder surgery, has painted other famous names such as Liza Minnelli, Judy Garland, Elvis Presley, Troy Donahue, Muhammad Ali and Marilyn Monroe among others. He has also painted for iconic brands like Campbell's soup and Coca Cola.
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Corinne Can't Have 'a Normal Relationship', Nick Picks Top Three
- A Little Too Early? Kourtney Kardashian Lets 4-Year-Old Daughter Penelope Wear a Lip Ring
- 'Gossip Girl' Alum Penn Badgley Marries Domino Kirke in Brooklyn Courthouse
- 'Dancing with the Stars': 'Glee' Star Heather Morris Joins Season 24, Some Pairings Are Revealed
- DJ Khaled Films Top Secret Video With Justin Bieber, Chance The Rapper and More
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards