Elizabeth Taylor's Silver Painting by Warhol Auctioned
A rare portrait of screen icon Dame Elizabeth Taylor by Andy Warhol is expected to fetch up to $12 million when it goes up for auction later this month. The artwork, titled Silver Liz, was painted in 1963 and has been kept hidden away in a private collection for the last 20 years.
But the masterpiece has now gone on display at Christie's auction house in London and it will be sold off on June 30 as part of the Post-War and Contemporary Art Evening Auction.
Warhol, who died in 1987 after a routine gallbladder surgery, has painted other famous names such as Liza Minnelli, Judy Garland, Elvis Presley, Troy Donahue, Muhammad Ali and Marilyn Monroe among others. He has also painted for iconic brands like Campbell's soup and Coca Cola.
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift