Ryan Adams Wrote Ronnie James Dio-Inspired Songs
Rocker Ryan Adams felt inspired after paying his respects to Ronnie James Dio at his funeral - the day after the ceremony he wrote 11 new tracks. More than 1,200 devotees attended the public memorial service, held at Forest Lawn Hollywood Hills in Los Angeles on May 30.
The tribute featured performances from former Black Sabbath star Glenn Hughes, Anthrax's Joey Belladonna and the star's Dio bandmates Claude Schnell and Scott Warren. And Adams was so moved by the service, he rushed home to work on some new music.
In a post on his Facebook.com page, he writes, "Eleven new solo tunes came out of nowhere. Day after Dio's funeral they just fell out. Soft mellow acoustic jams - lots of New Orleans scenery and vibe from the trip... I am official(ly) very excited again."
More Ryan Adams News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media