Ryan Adams Wrote Ronnie James Dio-Inspired Songs
Rocker Ryan Adams felt inspired after paying his respects to Ronnie James Dio at his funeral - the day after the ceremony he wrote 11 new tracks. More than 1,200 devotees attended the public memorial service, held at Forest Lawn Hollywood Hills in Los Angeles on May 30.
The tribute featured performances from former Black Sabbath star Glenn Hughes, Anthrax's Joey Belladonna and the star's Dio bandmates Claude Schnell and Scott Warren. And Adams was so moved by the service, he rushed home to work on some new music.
In a post on his Facebook.com page, he writes, "Eleven new solo tunes came out of nowhere. Day after Dio's funeral they just fell out. Soft mellow acoustic jams - lots of New Orleans scenery and vibe from the trip... I am official(ly) very excited again."
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia