Ryan Adams Wrote Ronnie James Dio-Inspired Songs
Rocker Ryan Adams felt inspired after paying his respects to Ronnie James Dio at his funeral - the day after the ceremony he wrote 11 new tracks. More than 1,200 devotees attended the public memorial service, held at Forest Lawn Hollywood Hills in Los Angeles on May 30.
The tribute featured performances from former Black Sabbath star Glenn Hughes, Anthrax's Joey Belladonna and the star's Dio bandmates Claude Schnell and Scott Warren. And Adams was so moved by the service, he rushed home to work on some new music.
In a post on his Facebook.com page, he writes, "Eleven new solo tunes came out of nowhere. Day after Dio's funeral they just fell out. Soft mellow acoustic jams - lots of New Orleans scenery and vibe from the trip... I am official(ly) very excited again."
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Heading to 'SNL' as First-Time Host
- 'Lion King' Gets a Remake From Disney and Jon Favreau
- Robin Hood Confirmed to Return for 'Once Upon a Time' Season 6
- New David Bowie Greatest Hits Album Announced
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos