Ryan Adams Wrote Ronnie James Dio-Inspired Songs
Rocker Ryan Adams felt inspired after paying his respects to Ronnie James Dio at his funeral - the day after the ceremony he wrote 11 new tracks. More than 1,200 devotees attended the public memorial service, held at Forest Lawn Hollywood Hills in Los Angeles on May 30.
The tribute featured performances from former Black Sabbath star Glenn Hughes, Anthrax's Joey Belladonna and the star's Dio bandmates Claude Schnell and Scott Warren. And Adams was so moved by the service, he rushed home to work on some new music.
In a post on his Facebook.com page, he writes, "Eleven new solo tunes came out of nowhere. Day after Dio's funeral they just fell out. Soft mellow acoustic jams - lots of New Orleans scenery and vibe from the trip... I am official(ly) very excited again."
- Ciara Hits Recording Studio
- Jason Momoa's 'Aquaman' Gets New Release Date
- Report: David and Victoria Beckham Are Separating
- Justin Bieber Exposes His Upper Thighs During Outing
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Name Newborn Baby Boy Dimitri
- John Cena and Casey Affleck Tapped to Host 'SNL'
- Anna Faris Admits She Felt 'Insecure' and 'So Hurt' Over Chris Pratt Cheating Rumors
- Amy Schumer to Play Lead Role in 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie