Rage Against the Machine's Concert Turned Into Riot
Rage Against the Machine's free London concert on Sunday, June 6 escalated into chaos as hundreds of fans stormed the security gates and forced their way inside. The rockers organized the event to celebrate their festive chart victory last year, when the group's 1992 hit "Killing in the Name" snatched Britain's coveted Christmas number one spot from the winner of Simon Cowell's talent show "The X Factor" following an Internet campaign.
Rage Against The Machine decided to hold a gig at the British capital's Finsbury Park to thank fans for driving the single to the top of the charts - with 40,000 lucky devotees selected from a ballot system. But the show descended into chaos as overwhelmed security guards were forced to let more fans into the venue when a 200-strong crowd broke through security gates and jumped over fences to enter the park, reports Britain's Daily Express.
A report of the incident, posted on Geeks.co.uk, reads, "We could hear Rage. We could just about see Rage on the screens. But we weren't among the lucky 40,000 people who had bothered to apply for a free ticket back in February... The security staff looked flustered. They'd already fought off or dragged back out a few waves of fans scrambling underneath like nu-metal crabs. During Testify the outer metal barriers were trampled over triumphantly."
"The gate burst open and we poured inside... The phalanx of police obviously didn't care enough to stop the break-in. And maybe that's the most important thing."
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors
- G-Dragon and Sulli's Recent Instagram Posts Fuel Dating Speculation
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Pissed at Heather Morris' Shocking 'DWTS' Elimination
- Eww! Kim Kardashian Says Big Sis Kourtney Threw Up in Her Bed Four Times and Slept in It
- Scott Disick Hangs Out With Khloe Kardashian Look-Alike in the Beverly Hills Hotel
- Has Zoe Saldana Revealed 'Avengers 4' Title?
- Kendrick Lamar Announces 'The Damn. Tour' Dates