Devo to Get Animated for 'Futurama' 100th Episode
New wave rockers Devo are to get animated to celebrate the 100th episode of cult show "Futurama". The futuristic Matt Groening series was canceled in 2003 but fans brought it back to life.
To celebrate the 100th show, Groening asked his musical heroes to be a part of the show and they agreed to play mutant rights activists. The episode comes as Devo stage a comeback of their own - their upcoming "Something for Everybody" will be the band's first album in 20 years.
Although Devo will play animated activists in an episode called 'The Mutants Are Revolting', they will still focus on the "devolution" of the human race. Bassist Jerry Casale recently said about the band's role in society, stating "We're not the guys who freak people out and scare them. We're like the house band on the 'Titanic', entertaining everybody as we go down."
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan on 'The Walking Dead' Season 7: It's Negan's World Now
- First Look at New Villain in 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Revealed
- 'Homeland' Finds Its Female President in 'House of Cards' Star
- Lindsay Lohan's Father Confirms She Told Him She's Pregnant
- Beyonce and 4-Year-Old Blue Ivy Play Twinsie in Cute Pictures
- Shonda Rhimes Denies 'GMA' Report That 'Scandal' Is Ending With Season 6
- Ellen Pompeo Admits She Stays on 'Grey's Anatomy' Because of Her Age
- James McAvoy Is a Psychopath in 'Split' Trailer