Devo to Get Animated for 'Futurama' 100th Episode
New wave rockers Devo are to get animated to celebrate the 100th episode of cult show "Futurama". The futuristic Matt Groening series was canceled in 2003 but fans brought it back to life.
To celebrate the 100th show, Groening asked his musical heroes to be a part of the show and they agreed to play mutant rights activists. The episode comes as Devo stage a comeback of their own - their upcoming "Something for Everybody" will be the band's first album in 20 years.
Although Devo will play animated activists in an episode called 'The Mutants Are Revolting', they will still focus on the "devolution" of the human race. Bassist Jerry Casale recently said about the band's role in society, stating "We're not the guys who freak people out and scare them. We're like the house band on the 'Titanic', entertaining everybody as we go down."
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent