Devo to Get Animated for 'Futurama' 100th Episode
New wave rockers Devo are to get animated to celebrate the 100th episode of cult show "Futurama". The futuristic Matt Groening series was canceled in 2003 but fans brought it back to life.
To celebrate the 100th show, Groening asked his musical heroes to be a part of the show and they agreed to play mutant rights activists. The episode comes as Devo stage a comeback of their own - their upcoming "Something for Everybody" will be the band's first album in 20 years.
Although Devo will play animated activists in an episode called 'The Mutants Are Revolting', they will still focus on the "devolution" of the human race. Bassist Jerry Casale recently said about the band's role in society, stating "We're not the guys who freak people out and scare them. We're like the house band on the 'Titanic', entertaining everybody as we go down."
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie