Devo to Get Animated for 'Futurama' 100th Episode
New wave rockers Devo are to get animated to celebrate the 100th episode of cult show "Futurama". The futuristic Matt Groening series was canceled in 2003 but fans brought it back to life.
To celebrate the 100th show, Groening asked his musical heroes to be a part of the show and they agreed to play mutant rights activists. The episode comes as Devo stage a comeback of their own - their upcoming "Something for Everybody" will be the band's first album in 20 years.
Although Devo will play animated activists in an episode called 'The Mutants Are Revolting', they will still focus on the "devolution" of the human race. Bassist Jerry Casale recently said about the band's role in society, stating "We're not the guys who freak people out and scare them. We're like the house band on the 'Titanic', entertaining everybody as we go down."
- Taylor Swift Who? Calvin Harris Gets Flirty With Mystery Brunette While Partying in Cabo
- Apple in Talks to Buy Jay-Z's Tidal
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash