Devo to Get Animated for 'Futurama' 100th Episode
New wave rockers Devo are to get animated to celebrate the 100th episode of cult show "Futurama". The futuristic Matt Groening series was canceled in 2003 but fans brought it back to life.
To celebrate the 100th show, Groening asked his musical heroes to be a part of the show and they agreed to play mutant rights activists. The episode comes as Devo stage a comeback of their own - their upcoming "Something for Everybody" will be the band's first album in 20 years.
Although Devo will play animated activists in an episode called 'The Mutants Are Revolting', they will still focus on the "devolution" of the human race. Bassist Jerry Casale recently said about the band's role in society, stating "We're not the guys who freak people out and scare them. We're like the house band on the 'Titanic', entertaining everybody as we go down."
- Eight Times Chrissy Teigen Makes Us ROTFL
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle May 'Get Married Somewhere Private and Elope'
- O.J. Simpson Could Be Denied Parole After Caught Masturbating in Cell
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Leaked Photo Reveals Spider-Man and Doctor Strange's Scene
- John McCain Is Diagnosed With Brain Cancer, Politicians Send Support
- Adele Is Struggling to Write New Album Because She Isn't 'Depressed' Enough
- Yoo Seung Ho Reveals He Enlisted to Military Because He Didn't Like Acting
- Meet Guillermo del Toro's Newest Creature in Dreamy First Trailer for 'The Shape of Water'