Shakira Selling Soccer Shirt for Charity
Colombian superstar Shakira has launched a range of charity soccer shirts in honor of the upcoming World Cup championships. The "Hips Don't Lie" hitmaker has teamed up with UNICEF to promote the red and gold sportswear benefiting her global education fund, the Barefoot Foundation.
The shirt isn't the only thing Shakira has been working on for the top soccer tournament - the singer is set to perform at the opening ceremony in Soweto, South Africa this week after her track "Waka Waka (Time for Africa)", a collaboration with local band FreshlyGround, was chosen as the event's official anthem.
The opening ceremony of the 2010 World Cup has been scheduled to start at 1400 hours as per the local time on June 11. The grand opening ceremony will be held at Soccer City in Johannesburg.
- Video: Lady GaGa and Caitlyn Jenner Among 49 Stars Honoring Orlando Shooting Victims
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist