Shakira Selling Soccer Shirt for Charity
Colombian superstar Shakira has launched a range of charity soccer shirts in honor of the upcoming World Cup championships. The "Hips Don't Lie" hitmaker has teamed up with UNICEF to promote the red and gold sportswear benefiting her global education fund, the Barefoot Foundation.
The shirt isn't the only thing Shakira has been working on for the top soccer tournament - the singer is set to perform at the opening ceremony in Soweto, South Africa this week after her track "Waka Waka (Time for Africa)", a collaboration with local band FreshlyGround, was chosen as the event's official anthem.
The opening ceremony of the 2010 World Cup has been scheduled to start at 1400 hours as per the local time on June 11. The grand opening ceremony will be held at Soccer City in Johannesburg.
More Shakira News
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says
- Kourtney Kardashian on Reconciling With Scott Disick: 'I'm So Not There Yet'
- Listen to Preview of Carly Rae Jepsen's 'E.Mo.Tion: Side B' Tracks
- Here's Your First Look at Kristin Chenoweth's Easter on 'American Gods'