Nikki Reed Avoids Twitter and Becoming Kristen Stewart
Actress Nikki Reed has vowed to stay away from Twitter.com because she fears she'll cause a storm of controversy with her off-handed comments, like her "Twilight co-star Kristen Stewart.
Stewart was forced to issue an apology last week following a headline-grabbing interview with Britain's Elle magazine, in which she compared the media intrusion in her life to "someone being raped". She was attacked by rape charity campaigners for belittling violence against women and subsequently backtracked over her "stupid" remarks.
Apologizing for her behavior, she said, "I really made an enormous mistake - clearly and obviously. And I'm really sorry about my choice of words. I've made stupid remarks before, and I've always reasoned: 'Whatever. They can think what they want.' People thinking that I'm insensitive about this subject rips my guts out. I made a big mistake."
Her "Twilight" co-star Reed is refusing to make the same mistake as Stewart and, as a result, she's banned herself from airing her views on micro-blogging sites. She tells People.com, "I don't think something like Twitter is for me because I'll just end up getting myself in trouble with what I accidentally say. You've seen what's happened to some of my other cast members recently."
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special