Nikki Reed Avoids Twitter and Becoming Kristen Stewart
Actress Nikki Reed has vowed to stay away from Twitter.com because she fears she'll cause a storm of controversy with her off-handed comments, like her "Twilight co-star Kristen Stewart.
Stewart was forced to issue an apology last week following a headline-grabbing interview with Britain's Elle magazine, in which she compared the media intrusion in her life to "someone being raped". She was attacked by rape charity campaigners for belittling violence against women and subsequently backtracked over her "stupid" remarks.
Apologizing for her behavior, she said, "I really made an enormous mistake - clearly and obviously. And I'm really sorry about my choice of words. I've made stupid remarks before, and I've always reasoned: 'Whatever. They can think what they want.' People thinking that I'm insensitive about this subject rips my guts out. I made a big mistake."
Her "Twilight" co-star Reed is refusing to make the same mistake as Stewart and, as a result, she's banned herself from airing her views on micro-blogging sites. She tells People.com, "I don't think something like Twitter is for me because I'll just end up getting myself in trouble with what I accidentally say. You've seen what's happened to some of my other cast members recently."
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher