Shannon Price Denies Foul Play Allegation in Gary Coleman's Death
Gary Coleman's ex-wife Shannon Price has blasted allegations she pushed the actor down a staircase before he suffered a fatal brain haemorrhage, insisting she would have taken her own life before harming the star. Price was with the former "Diff'rent Strokes" actor when he fell at the home they still shared in Utah last month.
She had her ex-husband's written permission to make medical decisions on his behalf, and permitted doctors to turn off the actor's life support system on May 28 after he fell into a coma and she was advised to let him die. On Monday, June 7, Price arrived in a wheelchair, clearly fragile, to appear for a satellite interview on U.S. breakfast programme "Good Morning America" - and she strongly dismissed allegations of foul play in Coleman's death.
Recalling the night Coleman fell, she said, "I asked him if he could make me some food and he went downstairs and I heard this big smack. I rushed down there and found him in a pool of blood. People can say whatever they want because I know the truth. I would never hurt my husband - ever. I would take my own life before I would ever, ever harm him."
Price, who has suffered health setbacks of her own, exacerbated by Coleman's death, had to take a break from questioning at one point, when she thought she might be having a seizure. She revealed, "I've had a lot of health issues in the last two months... I recently have seizures and I have a lot of anxiety. I really miss my husband a lot and I can barely get around. It's been a trial."
Coleman's ex also opened up about her battle with the actor's estranged parents, whose fight to take his body home to Illinois postponed her planned funeral for the star in Utah last weekend. According to Price, Coleman wanted to be cremated and did not want a funeral or a memorial service. There were still no plans for a memorial as WENN went to press.
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart