Shannon Price Denies Foul Play Allegation in Gary Coleman's Death
Gary Coleman's ex-wife Shannon Price has blasted allegations she pushed the actor down a staircase before he suffered a fatal brain haemorrhage, insisting she would have taken her own life before harming the star. Price was with the former "Diff'rent Strokes" actor when he fell at the home they still shared in Utah last month.
She had her ex-husband's written permission to make medical decisions on his behalf, and permitted doctors to turn off the actor's life support system on May 28 after he fell into a coma and she was advised to let him die. On Monday, June 7, Price arrived in a wheelchair, clearly fragile, to appear for a satellite interview on U.S. breakfast programme "Good Morning America" - and she strongly dismissed allegations of foul play in Coleman's death.
Recalling the night Coleman fell, she said, "I asked him if he could make me some food and he went downstairs and I heard this big smack. I rushed down there and found him in a pool of blood. People can say whatever they want because I know the truth. I would never hurt my husband - ever. I would take my own life before I would ever, ever harm him."
Price, who has suffered health setbacks of her own, exacerbated by Coleman's death, had to take a break from questioning at one point, when she thought she might be having a seizure. She revealed, "I've had a lot of health issues in the last two months... I recently have seizures and I have a lot of anxiety. I really miss my husband a lot and I can barely get around. It's been a trial."
Coleman's ex also opened up about her battle with the actor's estranged parents, whose fight to take his body home to Illinois postponed her planned funeral for the star in Utah last weekend. According to Price, Coleman wanted to be cremated and did not want a funeral or a memorial service. There were still no plans for a memorial as WENN went to press.
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly
- Beyonce Writes a Song About Her Newborn Twins, Plans to Release New Album Before Coachella 2018
- Gillian Anderson Goes Makeup-Free and Ditches Bra During Her Stay in Italy
- Kate Beckinsale Can't Keep Her Hands Off Toy Boy Matt Rife During Movie Date
- Kevin Feige Confirms Miles Morales Is Part of MCU
- Protective Boyfriend The Weeknd Tells Selena Gomez to Cover Up